Is there *ANY* non-VOB video file format that can integrate VOB menu capability?

dburna

Video format question for folks: I have a Sony Blu-Ray player that will read VOB files from a USB drive, although it does so with numerous gaffes/glitches.  Am finally giving up on the using VOB and am thinking of going to MP4 or the like.  Would certain save some hard drive storage space and in most cases I don't ever watch any bonus features.  The only problem becomes with videos from TV episodes, where using the menu select is a hugely advantageous proposition. 

My question is: is there any non-VOB video format that will allow me to use the menu functionality that VOB provides?  My only other option would be to purchase a cheap media player box (some of these support VOB) and deal with it that way.  I was hoping not to have to convert everything from VOB -> MP4 or somesuch (a long and manually-intensive process) and didn't want to purchase another box either......but that may be my only option at this point.

If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears.

Thanks,  -dB

dburna

OK, so further research seems to indicate that I'm not going to find a new format that replicates full VOB functionality.  Not such a bad thing 'cause converting all these VOB files was going to be a pain.  Best solution seems to be finding a digital media player that accepts VOB format.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good, cheap digital media player?  I have enclosed two links below, but I am very open to other suggestions.  Criteria I am seeking are (in order of importance):

1. Accepts VOB format
2. Cheap
3. At least one USB port, but preferably two
4. Reliable performance (reasonable start-up time, no performance glitches)
5. Great 1080p picture quality (actually, I'll settle for good picture quality if I can meet #1-4 above).

Here are two options.  Any others?:

1. Micca Digital Media Player: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002XVBAKI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1RF1WX3JXXQFZ&coliid=I2ZBBF0NDJ68P9
2. Western Digital TV Live: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KOZNBW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1RF1WX3JXXQFZ&coliid=I13CX34VFX1WKS

One Amazon reviewer says the WD TV Live only accepts WD drives.  Concerning, if true.

Thanks,  -dB