LIO: Customer feedback / Impressions thread

Vinnie R.

Re: LIO: Customer feedback / Impressions thread
« Reply #40 on: 16 Mar 2015, 04:55 pm »
Quote from: srb
Vinnie,

(a)  Couldn't the Balance setting be retained?  Although you mention liking to personally adjust balance per song, I would assume the majority of people might be using it to offset the more permanent aspects of speaker placement and room acoustics.

(b)  How complex (if at all possible with current control circuitry) would it be to have the last volume retained for each input?  That could satisfy everybody and all input level scenarios.

Steve

Hi Steve,

a) There should be a way to retain the balance setting.  I will check with John on that one.
b) I'll check with John on that as well.

What are you are looking for is all in the firmware (John's department) and should be doable, but let me
check in with him.

Vinnie

catmansound

« Reply #41 on: 18 Mar 2015, 02:14 am »

a) There should be a way to retain the balance setting.  I will check with John on that one.
b) I'll check with John on that as well.

I really like the idea of retaining volume level for each input, my Audi does that, phone, iPod, etc. each retains the last setting you left it at so when you switch back, the volume is where you're expect.

Anthony

Vinnie R.

« Reply #42 on: 18 Mar 2015, 05:05 pm »
Cool - this is something that we should be able to do, but give us a little time...

Thanks for your suggestions!

Vinnie

Vinnie R.

« Reply #43 on: 14 Apr 2015, 08:08 pm »
Some feedback posted on headfi.com from the SoCal CanJam show a few weeks ago:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/742354/vinnie-rossi-lio-ultracapacitor-powered-modular-hi-fi-system-is-here/75#post_11509974

Quote from: wotts
In a previous post I talked about the LIO. I was really impressed with the unit and am looking to try one out in my main system. The HE-560 off the speaker taps was quite good, but even from the hp out it sang. The modular design and isolation from the AC mains makes the LIO very tempting.

Quote from: adamaley
One vendor I failed to mention was Vinnie Rossi's LIO. I've owned at least 5 of Vinnie's components over the years, mostly for a long-gone speaker system and have always been a fan.His new LIO modular, ultracapacitor stacked audio system was very impressive with the HE-560 it was paired with. There was the usual solid palpable body to the images, but what I noticed the most was the impressive bass, and soundstaging that far exceeded that of the Isabellina HPA, which I owned a couple of years ago. I couldn't evaluate the black background benefits the ultracapacitors bring to the table over batteries due to noisy show conditions. Unfortunately I couldn't audition my LCD-3Cs on this because I didn't have the balanced adaptor for my cable. This is also a system I would like to explore further since it has the ability to push ~45W (if I remember correctly) into speakers and it will be one to consider for a dual Headphone/Speaker system. It was also great to meet the man himself and his lovely wife.

Quote from: matt8268
Vinnie was there to help showcase the ALO CDM, since he helped design it. He also brought his new LIO ultracapacitor-based modular system. I listened to the HE560 (I think?) he had hooked up to it, and this amp is a beast! It simply manhandled those cans. So much life and PRAT to the music. Yet so perfectly pure and clear. I was really blown away…I only wish I had a quiet environment to have experienced it. I’m curious if others had a chance to hear the LIO and what they thought, as to me it sounded way better than a lot of the much hyped amp/dac gear I had read so much about.

Steve Guttenberg (The Audiophiliac / CNET) also recently posted this on his facebook page.  He is in the process of reviewing a fully-loaded LIO with tubestage:

Quote from: Steve Guttenberg
The Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp's balanced headphone amp is a thing of wonder. It's super transparent, and still has oodles of soul.

Thanks again for all your feedback, posts, questions, etc.  Keep 'em coming!   :thumb:

Vinnie

Mitch751

« Reply #44 on: 15 Apr 2015, 01:02 am »
Please mind my English as it is not my mother language

I owe a pair of brand new B&W 800 Diamond which replaced my B&W 800 signature and the speakers are driving by GOLDMUND power and pre amps (over 10 years) with Redwine Isabella HPA as a DAC.  The system sound is satisfactory however the weakness is the low bass.

I believe it is the right time to upgrade my DAC, I like Tube therefore I went to Redwine website and realized the products has now been replaced by LIO. Since it is now can play DSD and 32/384 file, with no doubt I immediately ordered a Deluxe version.

Two weeks ago it got delivered to my place in Australia and I had few days listening to its DAC part, the sound is astonishing which is well outperform my HPA even my Mytek 192, actually I believe they are really different levels.

Second stage, I connected my HD650 and have a listen, frankly speaking this is the first time I agreed that HD650 is a really good headphones , the sound quality is much better with LIO instead of Sennheiser's HDVA 800.

Yesterday, I tried the LIO's MOSFET amp and wondered whether it could drive my B&W 800 Diamond. After two hours listening to the system I would like to use one sentence to conclude "why I bother to revert back to my GOLDMUND amp system"

Vinnie R.

« Reply #45 on: 15 Apr 2015, 03:48 pm »
Hi Mitch751,

Welcome to the Vinnie Rossi forum - and thank you for posting your LIO impressions!

Yesterday, I tried the LIO's MOSFET amp and wondered whether it could drive my B&W 800 Diamond. After two hours listening to the system I would like to use one sentence to conclude "why I bother to revert back to my GOLDMUND amp system"

It sounds like LIO is really working out for you with your speaker and headphones - glad to hear this!  :thumb:

Enjoy your listening, and thanks again!

Vinnie

brh

« Reply #46 on: 19 Apr 2015, 05:07 am »

Sounds right! Every module has thoroughly impressed me on its own merits so far… Mashing them all into an 'integrated' still boggles my mind…