And Yet Another Introduction

joesap

And Yet Another Introduction
« on: 13 Jan 2022, 04:47 pm »
Hi everyone,

My name is Joe and I am new to the forum. I have been watching and learning from Danny's Tech Talks for a couple of years now.

Finally pulled the trigger and purchased a couple of pairs of M165s and a couple of Neo3s. Starting the build now. Basically it will be the X-statik but with the Neo 3.

I am having to redesign the open baffle portion of the speaker as the wife did not like the way it looks (wires showing). I am playing with the idea of taking Danny's design of the Neo 3 on the NX Studios and having an open top with an angled ramp. Not sure how well this will work but to me playing with the design is half of the fun. If I can get it to work I may replace the upper M165s with the NQs.

Anyway, looking forward to being part of the community.

-Joe
Colorado

jkaldor

• Life is good!
Re: And Yet Another Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan 2022, 11:53 pm »
Welcome aboard Joe!

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2022, 05:44 am »
Hi everyone,

My name is Joe and I am new to the forum. I have been watching and learning from Danny's Tech Talks for a couple of years now.

Finally pulled the trigger and purchased a couple of pairs of M165s and a couple of Neo3s. Starting the build now. Basically it will be the X-statik but with the Neo 3.

I am having to redesign the open baffle portion of the speaker as the wife did not like the way it looks (wires showing). I am playing with the idea of taking Danny's design of the Neo 3 on the NX Studios and having an open top with an angled ramp. Not sure how well this will work but to me playing with the design is half of the fun. If I can get it to work I may replace the upper M165s with the NQs.

Anyway, looking forward to being part of the community.

-Joe
Colorado

Welcome aboard Joe and send through some in progress pictures.
SC

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2022, 05:54 am »
Welcome to AC!

Looking forward to seeing how your project comes along!  :thumb: