Evolution DAC

Samoyed

Re: Evolution DAC
« Reply #220 on: 22 Mar 2019, 02:40 am »
@sresener:

Already found a replacement from a company whose rep assures me it will treat me respectfully. Some things have no price.

As I told the guy who wound me up for no rational reason, and wrongly imputed things to me, adios.

Ironic, really, as I grew up in the retail industry, and hated warranty claims. My uncle, with many years experience saw this, and told me, “There are no perfect customers. There are just customers. Either you want them or you don’t.”

So true.

« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2019, 11:31 am by Samoyed »

John Casler

« Reply #221 on: 22 Mar 2019, 02:42 am »
So I assume I can run the balanced to my amp and unbalance to my subwoofers?

Yes

sresener

« Reply #222 on: 24 Mar 2019, 04:53 am »
One is ordered and on the way.

I was curious my bluray player a sony ubpx800 has a hdmi output for audio only. What would be the chances of it being compatible with the IIS input on the evo dac. Would be nice if it did and it would handshake so I could play sacd's :)

If it didnt work could I assemble my own hdmi two channel pin compatable cable out of a cat cable.

audio.bill

« Reply #223 on: 24 Mar 2019, 01:30 pm »
One is ordered and on the way.

I was curious my bluray player a sony ubpx800 has a hdmi output for audio only. What would be the chances of it being compatible with the IIS input on the evo dac. Would be nice if it did and it would handshake so I could play sacd's :)

If it didnt work could I assemble my own hdmi two channel pin compatable cable out of a cat cable.
While the EVO DAC's I2S connection uses an HDMI connector and cable, its wiring is unique to I2S devices and is not compatible with any standard HDMI spec output.

Samoyed

« Reply #224 on: 24 Mar 2019, 05:32 pm »
Not what was asked, but my cdt 8 pro is connected to my Evo with the 12s and it works perfectly.

audio.bill

« Reply #225 on: 24 Mar 2019, 05:59 pm »
Not what was asked, but my cdt 8 pro is connected to my Evo with the 12s and it works perfectly.
As it should since both components have I2S connections.

Samoyed

« Reply #226 on: 24 Mar 2019, 06:05 pm »
And the 12s cable included with the cdt sounds just fine.

rustydoglim

« Reply #227 on: 25 Mar 2019, 07:34 pm »
Even though Samoyed decided not to do business with me, I do appreaciate his positive and fair comment about NuPrime products.
John Casler, in the future, I will just let you handle your customer and I stick to my tech support and marketing.

Samoyed

« Reply #228 on: 25 Mar 2019, 07:39 pm »
I’m a very fair minded person. In that light, I’d never have treated a customer with such condescension and arrogance, nor willfully placed one in a false light.

The loser here is John Casler, a top drawer guy.

The issues are separable: the Evolution DAC sounds like a million dollars, even adjusted for inflation.

sresener

« Reply #229 on: 25 Mar 2019, 09:53 pm »
Sounds like a million dollars omg thats like a billion in Canadian :)

Samoyed

« Reply #230 on: 25 Mar 2019, 09:57 pm »
If only!  I go to BC and Alberta routinely, and no one has offered to give me change. My favorite restaurants are in Vancouver, and the Chateau at Lake Louise my favorite hotel. Wonderful country, with delightful people.  :thumb:

sresener

« Reply #231 on: 31 Mar 2019, 04:48 pm »
Here is a idea for free advertising for Nuprime.

Audiosciencereview.com is offering free reviews of equipment, his reviews are more scientific and based on measurements taken by quality instruments......  and they are even willing to pay for return shipping.

So all you loose is the cost of shipping and the loss of a item for a couple weeks. If I was producing quality componets like nuprime is, well I would be all over this since there seems to be nothing to loose.

Samoyed

« Reply #232 on: 31 Mar 2019, 04:59 pm »
Just be aware he may zero in on what he calls the 938 hump. Hump or not, mine sounds wonderful.

maxima95

« Reply #233 on: 31 Mar 2019, 05:13 pm »
Here is a idea for free advertising for Nuprime.

Audiosciencereview.com is offering free reviews of equipment, his reviews are more scientific and based on measurements taken by quality instruments......  and they are even willing to pay for return shipping.

So all you loose is the cost of shipping and the loss of a item for a couple weeks. If I was producing quality componets like nuprime is, well I would be all over this since there seems to be nothing to loose.

Have you read these reviews?  If, not go read a few.  A "free" review can result in significant cost.

Jason - if you are confident in your engineeers (which you are) and have good customer feedback (which you do) - Don't do it.

sresener

« Reply #234 on: 31 Mar 2019, 05:14 pm »
To him everything but the x26 has this hump. I think alot of his findings are measurable but not audible.

sresener

« Reply #235 on: 31 Mar 2019, 05:22 pm »
Have you read these reviews?  If, not go read a few.  A "free" review can result in significant cost.

Jason - if you are confident in your engineeers (which you are) and have good customer feedback (which you do) - Don't do it.

I take personal pride in my projects and I consider myself a quality home renovator and I go out of my way to meet the inspectors (during inspections) who have to look at my government projects (required to release payment). This has actually led to me doing work for the inspectors or his friends and family.   

Samoyed

« Reply #236 on: 31 Mar 2019, 05:24 pm »
Retainage, now THERE is a topic!

Keep in mind the guy came from industries necessitating state of the art, superior engineering and workmanship.

Very few rise to those standards.

sresener

« Reply #237 on: 31 Mar 2019, 05:38 pm »
This is getting so far off topic

But my local government contracts are 1. Be the lowest bidder 2. Do all the work 3. Wait for inspection 4. Wait for payment less 15% holdback 5. after 45 days get holdback.

I like these terms as it weeds out the fly by night  guys/gals.

Samoyed

« Reply #238 on: 31 Mar 2019, 05:41 pm »
Here, depending on the jurisdiction, it is lowest and best, as determined by corrupt thieves....

sresener

« Reply #239 on: 31 Mar 2019, 06:07 pm »
I kind of have the nuprime business model.

Being a second generation company I was fortunate enough to have expensive (paid for) manufacturing machines handed over to me and I work with raw materials. This lowers my material costs considerably. Combine this with quality workmanship it puts me in a very nice position when I need to compete at a price point.

It really means a lot that I can personally ask Jason questions via email and he gives me a quick honest answers.  Combine this with  products I like to listen too and are competitively priced.... this is  the reason why I will always consider nuprime my first choice for my equipment.

Im getting this topic back to nuprime :)