the Masters

jjss49

Re: the Masters
« Reply #20 on: 10 Apr 2023, 05:08 am »
agree -- real nice to see rahm get the green jacket, and on seve's anniversary, with olazabal's hugs at the finish -- just lovely

i would only differ to say rahm played very very well, so many big shots, long and short, on so many big occasions

but definitely, brooks let go of the rope, wasn't sharp and didn't get any breaks ...  but all said the liv tour saudi blood money 'traitors' did pretty darned well - lefty, patrick reed, brooks et al

BobM

« Reply #21 on: 10 Apr 2023, 12:42 pm »
it was great seeing everybody together again and competing in a tournament without the politics getting in the way

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #22 on: 10 Apr 2023, 03:04 pm »
it was great seeing everybody together again and competing in a tournament without the politics getting in the way

Agree Bob. Unfortunately some even here cannot let it go. The Masters People did however. A wonderful Tournament.

charles

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #23 on: 10 Apr 2023, 04:49 pm »

Well put Bob. (& charles)

So quite the finish. After late Friday's & Saturday's miserable weather, Sunday was a glorious conclusion. Props to the Augusta ground crew, few if any other courses on tour could have dealt with that much moisture and remained playable. Congratulations to Jon, a well & steadily played tournament. As noted, a fitting accomplishment on Seve's birthday with Jose Maria there at the end. Brooks played well till the end, just couldn't get it across the line. Shout outs to; Sam Bennett, great golf young man, I'm sure we'll see more of you in the not too distant future. Well done Phil, Jordan, and Freddie, some really good golf there. Several others in the -5 to -7 score made decent runs, just too far back to start & ran out of holes.

Respect to Tiger for his perseverance, and efforts to make a go of it. Haven't always been a Tiger fan, didn't figure he'd be around at all at this age given the violence of his early swing. Back & other physical issues were inevitable imo. Don't know of many playing that would spend as much or more time before & after a round working to even be able to play. I hope he's able to make some improvement that allows him to play competitively for a while longer, he does bring something special to the game.

On to the other majors now. While the PGA & U.S. Open are good tournaments, my second favorite is the Open. Love links style golf, and has always been easier for me to keep it on the ground vs target golf. Thanks to all for your thoughts & input, may you have a great Spring & summer (if it ever arrives here). Keep it on the short grass.

rodge827

« Reply #24 on: 10 Apr 2023, 06:25 pm »
Yes it was a great tournament! A little golf humor

BobM

« Reply #25 on: 10 Apr 2023, 06:28 pm »
Phil came in second. I guess he wasn't just "phoning it in". Wouldn't it be something if he finally won a US Open this year?

rodge827

« Reply #26 on: 10 Apr 2023, 06:44 pm »
Phil came in second. I guess he wasn't just "phoning it in". Wouldn't it be something if he finally won a US Open this year?

Oh yeah! Would be awesome for him to have one of each major trophy on his mantle!

Randy

« Reply #27 on: 10 Apr 2023, 08:19 pm »

It's so tough for the older players to put four good rounds together in a row which is what it takes to win a major.