Special Edition Jolida 302A/502A tube amps

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« on: 17 Apr 2003, 01:28 pm »

The inquiries are coming in asking when these amps will be available. Well...... I hope to start shipping these new amps by the end of next week. For those not familiar with these new exclusive products, feel free to visit the website. The amp shown above is in stock for with SE versions being availabe with either laser engraved solid Cherry wood or brass face plates. Cherry wood transformer covers are now being made also.

http://www.responseaudio.com

sica

« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2003, 04:13 am »
Hi Bill, what is the sonic difference between the SE 302A and the stock 302B?  And of course, the difference between the SEs and their RAM counterparts.  
When are the RAM powercords and Claritylabs cables gonna be available for order? :D   Thanks

Sica

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2003, 12:40 pm »
Hi Sica,

Hi Bill, what is the sonic difference between the SE 302A and the stock 302B?

The 302A and 302B are basically the same amp internally. The new B series does have a bit more capacitance in the power supply and obviously different cosmetics. The newest ones now come with Alps Blue volume pots.

The SE versions, as can be seen on my website, are completely upgraded with all critical internal parts replaced taking a few levels up in sonics. Even the 4 signal tube sockets are replaced (not yet mentioned on the site).

And of course, the difference between the SEs and their RAM counterparts.

The SE and RAM amps are totaly different animals with the RAM Signature amps being Hybrid units and the circuitry actually being redesigned. In the end, the RAM amps are extremely refined.

We are comparing tube output power to solid state.

When are the RAM powercords and Claritylabs cables gonna be available for order?

The RAM power cords are being built only for the SE and RAM amplifiers at this time. Being a one man operation, I cannot keep up with current orders of these cords, SE amps and customer's 302/502 mods. I hope to have them available again by mid May.

We are taking orders for Clarity Labs cables at this time.