Re: The NFL Season 2018-2019
« Reply #120 on: 29 Nov 2018, 03:08 am »
Speaking of the Cowboys, Go Saints!!!

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #121 on: 29 Nov 2018, 03:24 am »
Speaking of the Cowboys, Go Saints!!!
Dallas has a chance to win, just not a very big one.  NO has really been playing well, so I simply hope that the Cowboys can keep it close and that no one gets hurt. 

S Clark

« Reply #122 on: 30 Nov 2018, 04:31 am »
Well, I got what I wished for, a close game with few injuries.  Surprised by the outcome, but in the NFL on any given Thursday...
Could the Dallas defense be for real?  They are beginning to convince some people.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #123 on: 30 Nov 2018, 05:20 am »
Color me impressed.  They flat out made the plays when they needed to and kept the Saints O-line running all night.  No excuses of course, just noting the Saints offense wasn't sharp with a lot of dropped passes and of course the killer interception.  One could assume it was Dallas throwing off their timing, but Brees was off.

randytsuch

« Reply #124 on: 30 Nov 2018, 02:25 pm »
Want to thanks the Cowboys, they put the Rams into first in NFC.

I think the Cowboys D is for real, maybe the Saints were off, everyone has a bad game now and then, but that D looked really good.  I did think the Boys were going to give it away with some bad penalties and the late fumble, but they hung tough.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #125 on: 30 Nov 2018, 03:02 pm »
Sounds like Sean Lee may be back.

S Clark

« Reply #126 on: 30 Nov 2018, 03:10 pm »
Sounds like Sean Lee may be back.
But what do you do with him? Replace a rookie that is tied for the most tackles in the NFL? ... even though he has only played part of the season and is looking like D Rookie of the Year?
Sean Lee is one of the best at his position, but this kid Van der Esch is looking like a generational defensive talent.  And the Jaylon Smith experiment (bad knee/nerve damage) seems to be working out.  Suddenly, Dallas has some serious chops at LB.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #127 on: 3 Dec 2018, 01:25 am »
The Giants win AND the Packers can their coach.
Strange day for the NFL.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #128 on: 3 Dec 2018, 05:06 am »
Strange day for the NFL.

Not to mention the blatantly obvious missed calls by the officials in more than one game.  :scratch:

twitch54

« Reply #129 on: 3 Dec 2018, 12:12 pm »
Strange day for the NFL.

well, not completely, the Bills lost ..........

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #130 on: 3 Dec 2018, 12:49 pm »
Gave up watching the NFL soap opera this season, except for the Rams/Chiefs game.  Nearly everyone in the league is over paid and spoiled rotten.  Players are over paid and so many are drug using thugs who haven't had anyone tell them "NO" since grade school.  Owners are out of control billionaires who are above the law (don't pay federal income taxes and hire felons to entertain us).  Too many official reviews, it's just a game folks, not a legal proceeding.  Too much commentary.  Games are too slow.  Too many commercials.

I prefer college football, but even that suffers from most of the NFL's flaws.  Better yet is Canadian football.  Player salaries are a small fraction of the NFL.  Less showboating in the end zone.  They actually cut commercials short to get back to the game and can finish in less than 3 hours. 

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #131 on: 3 Dec 2018, 02:26 pm »
For anyone who hasn't been paying attention, the Denver Broncos have actually re-entered the playoff picture with consecutive wins over the Chargers, Steelers, and Bengals. Three of their last 4 games are against weak teams in the 49ers, Browns and Raiders. The final game is against the Chargers once again but this time in Denver. Of course, you have to keep in mind that they can revert to the team with a string of unexplainable losses at any moment.

Things seem to have quieted down in Pennsylvania recently but I expect Texas to pick up the slack about now. Dallas chose to wake up just in time to see a pointless surge by the schizophrenic Giants, loss of starting QB in Washington, and reality in Philly. Fun times.
Oh, and Houston has now won 9 in a row, including what would be a head to head tie breaker over Denver. Baltimore has that too. KC will win our division and the Chargers appear to have a lock on the #5 AFC seed. That last playoff spot will be hotly contested. Indy, Miami and Tennessee are also possible contenders for #6.

randytsuch

« Reply #132 on: 3 Dec 2018, 03:33 pm »
Rams 11-1

Detroit played them tougher than expected, but they got the W.

Next week in Chicago is the Sunday night game, wondering if Trubisky will be back?

Randy

S Clark

« Reply #133 on: 4 Dec 2018, 05:16 am »
My old high school physics student, Colt  McCoy, can't catch a break with the Redskins.  Finally got his chance to start last week, and tonight completed 4 in a row against the Eagles when he broke his fibula.   That's the second Redskin QB in 3 weeks to break a leg.  Not a Redskin fan, but that's just rotten luck for any team.   

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #134 on: 4 Dec 2018, 10:50 am »
The new QB protection rules may require a rewrite at the end of this season. Seems like an unusually high casualty rate this year after they started the season wrapping QBs in cotton and fining guys for falling on them or touching their ankles.

Colt McCoy and Case Keenum seem like they might be stars if their teams could figure out how to protect them better.

Rx8man

« Reply #135 on: 4 Dec 2018, 11:58 am »
JLM
"Gave up watching the NFL soap opera this season, except for the Rams/Chiefs game.  Nearly everyone in the league is over paid and spoiled rotten.  Players are over paid and so many are drug using thugs who haven't had anyone tell them "NO" since grade school.  Owners are out of control billionaires who are above the law (don't pay federal income taxes and hire felons to entertain us).  Too many official reviews, it's just a game folks, not a legal proceeding.  Too much commentary.  Games are too slow.  Too many commercials."

"I prefer college football, but even that suffers from most of the NFL's flaws.  Better yet is Canadian football.  Player salaries are a small fraction of the NFL.  Less showboating in the end zone.  They actually cut commercials short to get back to the game and can finish in less than 3 hours."

JLM took EVERY word outta my mouth, I'll add this, KNOCK OFF the stupid, idiotic dances and celebrations in the end zone.

S Clark

« Reply #136 on: 4 Dec 2018, 01:29 pm »
I agree that the celebrations are infantile, but the league has decided that viewers younger that the  "Get Off My Lawn" crowd must like it. 
And as far a s high salaries, I don't begrudge any worker getting as much as his talent will let him wring from management. 
I don't watch near as much football as I used to, but partly because I've got other things to do, and partly from the realization that the game is beyond brutal.  The loss of mental acuity is a high price to pay for the millions of dollars they make in their short careers.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #137 on: 4 Dec 2018, 01:32 pm »
There is the simplest of solutions for NFL snowflakes, DVR.  With a recorded game you can fast forward through all the commercials, celebrations, replays, cuts to the owner's box and live a happy life.  One wonders why you post on this thread if the whole thing upsets you so.  Are you looking for recruits?

As an Eagles fan I felt terrible for Colt McCoy, by all accounts one of the good guys who finally had a chance with a good team.

twitch54

« Reply #138 on: 10 Dec 2018, 08:15 pm »
WOW....what a Sunday !

Could someone explain to me how the ruling on the fumble in the beginning of the Dallas / Eagles game went against the Birds ?
I was out and missed the beginning

rodge827

« Reply #139 on: 10 Dec 2018, 08:36 pm »
WOW....what a Sunday !

Could someone explain to me how the ruling on the fumble in the beginning of the Dallas / Eagles game went against the Birds ?
I was out and missed the beginning

It wasn’t scripted for the Eagles to have an early opportunity to score! So the powers that be made it go away... :cuss: