MCX4 two channel system

Tylerg1976

MCX4 two channel system
« on: 4 Dec 2018, 04:54 am »
I"m thinking of getting this four channel amplifier and use it in conjunction with my Marantz SR 7011 receiver.

I would either use it to power the front three channels or bi-amp the front two Speakers.

I mostly listen to music but I also really enjoy the home theater experience. I listened to a very wide variety of music but particularly like jazz. jazz would likely only make up about 40% of my listening and the rest of my listing would be a mix from pop to folk to metal.

I also think that getting one of the integrated amplifiers could also be a good option in case down the road I want to separate the system.

I suppose what I would like to know is if it would not be recommended from a sound signature stand point to use the MCX as a two channel amplifier for music or is it relegated only for the home theatre sound.

in other words If I used it (MCX) in a two channel system would it be an unwise decision or would selecting one of the other amps be more preferable? Im somewhere in the middle when it comes to the warm vs clinical sounds signatures.

maybe another way to put it would be to ask if the MCX is a k38 in a different dress.

rustydoglim

• Facilitator
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: MCX4 two channel system
« Reply #1 on: 8 Dec 2018, 04:38 pm »
My advice here and in other topic related to MCX is - just buy it and be surprised. I haven't been wrong before about recommending our own products :)