H Frame tripple subs cabinet plans

ikir

H Frame tripple subs cabinet plans
« on: 8 Jun 2021, 11:10 pm »
I tried to search forum, but couldn't find cabinet plans for triple servo subs. Website only has plans for doubles...
How folks are building triples? Do you just add scale doubles?

Thanks!

subsonic1050

Re: H Frame tripple subs cabinet plans
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jun 2021, 11:52 pm »
I tried to search forum, but couldn't find cabinet plans for triple servo subs. Website only has plans for doubles...
How folks are building triples? Do you just add scale doubles?

Thanks!

I had the exact same question, which was actually never answered. However, when you look at the plans it is pretty easy to extrapolate from the plans how to add a third driver. Just be careful to note whether you will have a reversed center driver or not, as that will change the position of the dividing members. I'm on vacation this week, but if you are still in need of plans by the time I get back I can send you my CAD drawing.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 9 Jun 2021, 01:02 am »
I don't offset the divider/braces. I make each driver section 13"x13" on the inside of the cube. The top, bottom and sides are 1-1/2" thick, braces are 3/4" thick, and the baffle is 1" thick. The cabinet is 43-1/2" tall, 16" wide, and 14" deep. The bottom is 1-1/2" thick, then a 13" driver opening, a 3/4" brace on both sides of the baffle, second 13" driver opening, a 3/4" brace on both sides of the baffle, a third 13" driver opening, then 1-1/2" thick top.

Offsetting the 3/4" dividers allows the cabinet to be a little shorter but that is not relevant for triple subs since nothing will be sitting on top of the sub and having the dividers symmetrical makes the cabinet easier to build.

ikir

« Reply #3 on: 9 Jun 2021, 07:55 pm »
I had the exact same question, which was actually never answered. However, when you look at the plans it is pretty easy to extrapolate from the plans how to add a third driver. Just be careful to note whether you will have a reversed center driver or not, as that will change the position of the dividing members. I'm on vacation this week, but if you are still in need of plans by the time I get back I can send you my CAD drawing.

I haven't gotten my kit yet, if you can share your CAD drawings - that would be amazing!

subsonic1050

« Reply #4 on: 9 Jun 2021, 07:59 pm »
I haven't gotten my kit yet, if you can share your CAD drawings - that would be amazing!

No problem! Do you want a reversed center driver? Also, do you have a CAD program? If so, which one? I want to make sure you can open the file. I can always send it as a PDF if you don't have any CAD software.

ikir

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jun 2021, 12:47 am »
No problem! Do you want a reversed center driver? Also, do you have a CAD program? If so, which one? I want to make sure you can open the file. I can always send it as a PDF if you don't have any CAD software.

I was planning to not do reversed center, but if you have both - send both :D
I've been using SketchUp, but if you only have pdf - that's good too - I can redraw things in SketchUp quickly

subsonic1050

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jun 2021, 01:16 am »
Sounds good, I will shoot something your way when I get back. PM me your email address

subsonic1050

« Reply #7 on: 13 Jun 2021, 07:36 pm »
Hi Ikir - I got your PM and sent you those CAD drawings but the email you gave me was undeliverable. Shoot me another message and I'll get those files right over.