10 ways to know that you are obsessed with Salk Speakers

turkey

Re: 10 ways to know that you are obsessed with Salk Speakers
« Reply #20 on: 16 Jun 2009, 05:51 pm »
You start a thread titled, "10 ways to know that you are obsessed with Salk Speakers".

Hmm, wonder what that is supposed to mean.

I think it means you're obsessed. :)

mchuckp

« Reply #21 on: 16 Jun 2009, 07:26 pm »
How about this one.

When someone makes the mistake and asks you about speaker recommendations and you sit them down for an hour lecture.

I do that, and I don't even own Salk speakers. :)

I do that as well, they ask for suggestions you tell them about 1000 things, then they don't listen arrrg.

I've realized that most people I talk to really just want you to tell them that it is okay to spend $300 on a HTiB no matter how much you teach them.  I just can't do it.

I told some friends over lunch last week that I sold off my whole 5.1 system to go stereo.  They about laughed at me.  I preached to my one friend for quite a while months back to just get a good pair of speakers and build from there over time rather than spending less on more speakers.  Of course he ended up not taking my advice and is dying to now go from 5.1 to 7.1 in his tiny room.  Sigh....

All I can say is THEIR LOSS!

turkey

« Reply #22 on: 16 Jun 2009, 07:40 pm »
I've realized that most people I talk to really just want you to tell them that it is okay to spend $300 on a HTiB no matter how much you teach them.  I just can't do it.

I usually just point those people to Crutchfield. At least they'll probably wind up with something better than if they go to the typical big box store and talk to pimply-faced salesdroid #12.