Loreleis have arrived

bunky

Re: Decisions...
« Reply #40 on: 26 Sep 2005, 10:05 pm »
Quote from: Sonny
Well, WCW III,
These, I believe are a pair of new Loreleis...Klaus, correct me if I am wrong...

I will definitely take some pictures this weekend and send them to you, or post them here, how I don't know...that's the problem.

I loved the Shearwaters and from my experience, I love the Meadowlarks, as I've owed the Shearwaters, Swifts and currently the Original Herons.  The only thing I am afraid of the change / difference between the two speakers is that the Herons have four drivers, two for the woofe ...
the reason i asked if your Loreleis were new or demos was because i didnt know you were getting a pair and i was wondering if you bought the demo pair that Klaus was selling during the garage sale. my Paradigms have 3 woofers 1 midrange and 1 tweeter per speaker but the drivers cant play in the same yard as the Scanspeak midwoofer and tweeter. Klaus likes pointing the Loreleis straight forward because it gives the broadest possible soundstage. when you toe them in it narrows the soundstage and accentuates the midrange and treble. i have mine toed in slightly. the reviewer in the six moons review stated that they can be adjusted to suit someones personal taste by towing them in. i dont think that there is a right or wrong way to point them. it is strictly a matter of preference.

Sonny

good response
« Reply #41 on: 26 Sep 2005, 10:08 pm »
WCW...
I like the fact that you love the Loreleis and are open minded, that' hard to find in audiophile world sometimes...

Well, the Herons are toed-in like crazy, it give better imaging, i believe, toed-in, however, of course sound stage will not be as wide.

W/ toe in, have you found that you're getting better imaging too?

I had the Shearwaters, same drivers as the Loreleis, and I loved them, wondering if its similar to them...

Have you heard and of the Meadowlark speakers?

bunky

Re: good response
« Reply #42 on: 26 Sep 2005, 11:17 pm »
WCW...
I like the fact that you love the Loreleis and are open minded, that' hard to find in audiophile world sometimes...

Well, the Herons are toed-in like crazy, it give better imaging, i believe, toed-in, however, of course sound stage will not be as wide.

W/ toe in, have you found that you're getting better imaging too?

I had the Shearwaters, same drivers as the Loreleis, and I loved them, wondering if its similar to them...

Have you heard and of the Meadowlark speakers?
my Loreleis are still breaking in and when they are totally settled in i am not sure how much if any they will be toed in. that is still up in the air.  i like to think of myself as a audio enthusiast. the term audiophile seems like an elite term not reserved for a pipefitter who lives just south of Baltimore Maryland. dont get me wrong i love getting the good stuff ! but i am just an average blue collar guy.i have never heard a Meadowlark loudspeaker in person but i know the owner was a highly respected designer and the parts selection was world class blue ribbon stuff and the woodwork on the cabinets was first rate. in fact a few months ago i was going to buy a pair of Meadowlark Swallow bookshelves during the liquidation sale but they got weird about how they wanted you to pay for them and there were too many hoops to jump thru so i just said forget it. it is a shame that a company that was building handmade loudspeakers for a fair price went belly up like they did. why did you get rid of the shearwaters?they had some nice drivers in them. i think the Loreleis image well whether they are toed in or not but that can depend on the room acoustics and speaker placement as well as other factors. believe it or not i have never sat down between the two Loreleis and done any critical listening yet. i will wait until i am sure that they are totally settled in first. most of my listening now takes place at my computer desk.

Chris_B

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #43 on: 27 Sep 2005, 01:17 am »
William,

Nice to have another Lorelei owner in the neighborhood - well sort of  :D .  I live just outside of DC in Arlington and have been enjoying my Loreleis since January.  I stopped by Klaus' house during a business trip last fall and loved the Loreleis.  Here is a link to my audition experience and initial review.  They still sound wonderful.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=14667

Enjoy,

Chris

bunky

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #44 on: 27 Sep 2005, 09:27 am »
Quote from: Chris_B
William,

Nice to have another Lorelei owner in the neighborhood - well sort of  :D .  I live just outside of DC in Arlington and have been enjoying my Loreleis since January.  I stopped by Klaus' house during a business trip last fall and loved the Loreleis.  Here is a link to my audition experience and initial review.  They still sound wonderful.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=14667

Enjoy,

Chris
hi.Chris, i have seen photos of your Loreleis in oak and they are beautiful. do you still have the Khartago monos? i loved the pair that i had but i traded them in for the Extremes. tell us about your experience over the past almost ten months with the Loreleis. how long did it take you to fully break them in? and what was it like hanging out with Klaus Bunge?

Sonny

pictures...
« Reply #45 on: 27 Sep 2005, 04:18 pm »
So, I unpacked the Loreleis last night, hooked them up and....

Bang!!! they are amazing...I am breaking them in as we speak.  They are at home, getting a repeat dose of Patricia Barber's Modern Cool.  I thought that's a good CD, cause it has vocals, lots of bass, drums and piano... Lets see what they will sound like tonight?  

No spikes yet, so they are still on the foam that they were packed in.

I have some pictures, but how do I load it on this Message?  Anyone know?

Thanks
Sonny.

Marbles

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #46 on: 27 Sep 2005, 04:25 pm »
Sonny create a gallery and uplaod the pics to it, then post the URL of the picture here.  I'll help you a bit more when you get that far.

Sonny

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #47 on: 27 Sep 2005, 05:06 pm »
Here are the pictures...of the new Black Ash Loreleis...

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=259

Marbles

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #48 on: 27 Sep 2005, 05:19 pm »
Sonny to post a picture, all that you need to do is copy the URL of it (look right below the picture in the Gallery) to here.

First click on the "img" button, then paste the url of the pic, then hit the "close tags" button and you are done.

Sonny

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #49 on: 27 Sep 2005, 05:28 pm »
Thanks Marbles...

Sonny

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #50 on: 27 Sep 2005, 05:29 pm »

Marbles

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #51 on: 27 Sep 2005, 05:30 pm »
So how do the Lorelies compare to the Medowlarks?

Sonny

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #52 on: 27 Sep 2005, 05:34 pm »
Well, I am still breaking them in...I just heard them for the first time last night...so, can't say much...but I do like the imaging, soundstage is wide and high, deep too for that matter.  The Scanspeak drivers are amazing...reminds me of my Meadowlark Shearwaters...with more bass.  I will have to wait to get the spikes from Klaus to really hear them.  I will be doing an A/B test this weekend with the Herons, and perhaps make my decision...
More to come...

byteme

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #53 on: 27 Sep 2005, 06:04 pm »
I'll be interested to hear what you think.  Either way you go, you'll be listening to some great speakers!

Sonny

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #54 on: 27 Sep 2005, 06:12 pm »
Quote from: byteme
I'll be interested to hear what you think.  Either way you go, you'll be listening to some great speakers!

You're definitely correct there...
Its a matter of PREFERENCE...

bunky

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #55 on: 27 Sep 2005, 08:55 pm »
Thanks Marbles...

they have the same finish as the front baffles of my Epiphonys .the Loreleis look good in every finish that i have seen them in. nice speakers!

bunky

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #56 on: 27 Sep 2005, 09:13 pm »
Well, I am still breaking them in...I just heard them for the first time last night...so, can't say much...but I do like the imaging, soundstage is wide and high, deep too for that matter.  The Scanspeak drivers are amazing...reminds me of my Meadowlark Shearwaters...with more bass.  I will have to wait to get the spikes from Klaus to really hear them.  I will be doing an A/B test this weekend with the Herons, and perhaps make my decision...
More to come...
i would consider taking more time before A/B testing  the Herons vs the Loreleis the drivers may be fully compliant by then but i think the crossovers may need more time to settle in. i received mine on the 15th of this month and the sound is still changing for the better a little each day.at least to my ears....................thanks.....WCW III

djbnh

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #57 on: 27 Sep 2005, 09:52 pm »
Sonny, thanks for the photos. I also remember from the 6moons review a comment about the tweeter re: tweeter recess; it seems from your photos that the fit and finish is very nice. Hope you enjoy the Loreleis for years to come.

Sonny

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #58 on: 27 Sep 2005, 10:51 pm »
Quote from: djbnh
Sonny, thanks for the photos. I also remember from the 6moons review a comment about the tweeter re: tweeter recess; it seems from your photos that the fit and finish is very nice. Hope you enjoy the Loreleis for years to come.

Thanks for the well wishes Djbnh...
I'll have to wait for the winner...then I can see which will stand the test of time...

Bunky...they are paying right now as I am at work...I think they will be playing none-stop til this weekend...when I have time to listen critically.

Sonny

bunky

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #59 on: 28 Sep 2005, 12:13 am »
Quote from: djbnh
hey djbnh, its funny you  mentioned the driver fit and finish comment from the six moons review because the first thing i did was eyeball the amount of gap between the outer edge of the driver and the recess in the cabinets. i am happy to report that the fit and finish on my pair are first rate.