IDA 16 home Theatre Pass through

Tylerg1976

IDA 16 home Theatre Pass through
« on: 1 Aug 2018, 02:56 am »
Hello,

I have an ida-16 that I run in conjunction with a Marantz SR 7011. The 16 powers my main left and right channels and the 7011 takes care of the subwoofers and centre channel.

I usually press the volume up and down buttons for about four seconds to switch the 16 in and out of home Theatre Pass through. I just recently realized that I don't necessarily have to do that because I can just set the input to analog and turn the volume up to 99. Is there a difference between doing home Theatre Pass through on the analog input set to 99 and actually engaging the home Theatre Pass through?

Kind regards

John Casler

Re: IDA 16 home Theatre Pass through
« Reply #1 on: 1 Aug 2018, 07:49 pm »

I usually press the volume up and down buttons for about four seconds to switch the 16 in and out of home Theatre Pass through. I just recently realized that I don't necessarily have to do that because I can just set the input to analog and turn the volume up to 99. Is there a difference between doing home Theatre Pass through on the analog input set to 99 and actually engaging the home Theatre Pass through?

Kind regards

The HT pass-through IS NOT really a HT function.  What it does is it takes the Volume Control OUT of the circuit on ALL functions.

Setting the analog input from 94-99 is the BEST way.