Lukasz Fikus aka Mr. Lampizator is a genius ....

tdinut

• Joe aka Joeinid on other forums.
    • Audioshark Forum
Lukasz Fikus aka Mr. Lampizator is a genius ....
« on: 12 Jul 2015, 04:17 pm »
It took me until last night to play dsd music on my Big 7 balanced with volume control. I finally got HP Player and Audirvana to play my dsd files.

I am stunned how amazing it sounds. Layer on layer on layer on layer with tremendous 3D, perfect vocals and tons of bass.

My system sounds so good it brought tears to my eyes. I just can not believe what I am hearing.

Lukasz is a genius and knows exactly what he is doing. I like my other gear, but love my Lampizator dac and amps.

Lukasz, thank you very much. Someone needs to peel me off my ceiling now.

Also, thank you Fred and Rob for having Lukasz make one for me. :kiss:

Tomy2Tone

Re: Lukasz Fikus aka Mr. Lampizator is a genius ....
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2015, 04:38 pm »
Someone needs to peel me off my ceiling now.[/size]

Easy there Lionel Richie... :D

Do you find DSD to be superior? I've read some say PCM to be just as good on the Big 7

tdinut

• Audioshark Forum
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2015, 04:48 pm »

Do you find DSD to be superior? I've read some say PCM to be just as good on the Big 7

Ha!

I do find DSD superior. PCM is amazing, but DSD reaches totally new heights. Not all DSD is superb, some merely really good (but still better than PCM), depends on the recording.

I started upsampling PCM to DSD via HQ Player with great results, better than straight PCM but not as good as straight DSD files.

sfox7076

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2015, 05:10 pm »
I agree.  You need DSD on this DAC. 

wisnon

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2015, 09:21 pm »

ALMOST as good is still not just as good.

I have been begging Joe to try DSD for more than a year and knew that when he did, it would be OVER!

tdinut

• Audioshark Forum
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jul 2015, 10:04 pm »
ALMOST as good is still not just as good.

I have been begging Joe to try DSD for more than a year and knew that when he did, it would be OVER!

Good things come to those who wait.  :oops:

I had another dac that could play DSD but it never took hold of me like the Big 7. I thought DSD was nothing special even though others liked what they heard through the other dac.

I NEVER heard music like this before, DSD or otherwise.   :duh:

Joe

wisnon

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jul 2015, 10:33 am »

Good things come to those who wait.  :oops:

YOU ARE CORRECT!

I had another dac that could play DSD but it never took hold of me like the Big 7. I thought DSD was nothing special even though others liked what they heard through the other dac.

I NEVER heard music like this before, DSD or otherwise.

Very happy for you Joe    :duh:

Joe

sfox7076

« Reply #7 on: 13 Jul 2015, 01:59 pm »
I am only selling my single ended Big 7 with DSD to move up the chain to a Golden Gate.  Hope it sells soon so I can buy the GG and get it here. The DSD sound is so amazing on these DACs. I am removing my 5 channel system becuase this DAC and my two channel pre are so awesome.  It really is a game changer.

Shawn

wisnon

« Reply #8 on: 13 Jul 2015, 03:11 pm »
Good luck with the upgrade Shawn...I am pretty jealous given the GG feedback. Should be a slam dunk.

sfox7076

« Reply #9 on: 13 Jul 2015, 03:48 pm »
Wrong time of year to sell I think...

tdinut

• Audioshark Forum
« Reply #10 on: 13 Jul 2015, 04:44 pm »
I am only selling my single ended Big 7 with DSD to move up the chain to a Golden Gate.  Hope it sells soon so I can buy the GG and get it here. The DSD sound is so amazing on these DACs. I am removing my 5 channel system because this DAC and my two channel pre are so awesome.  It really is a game changer.

Shawn

I hope you can move up the the GG. I am afraid to hear a well broken in GG. I don't know how it could get any better, but you are right, game changer for sure. Glad you are happy.

tdinut

• Audioshark Forum
« Reply #11 on: 26 Jul 2015, 03:35 pm »
I could not hold out any longer. My Golden Gate balanced with volume control is on order. OMG! I can't wait. I understand the break in time is very long.

No other gear has captivated me and my friends like Lampizator. Whatever Lukasz makes is truly an end game. So musically satisfying, it's unreal. I never thought music could be this great.