Tekton's The Perfect SET Speaker

Emil

Re: Tekton's The Perfect SET Speaker
« Reply #40 on: 1 May 2019, 08:03 pm »
It speaks to the mfr's confidence is his product.

Off the top of my head, Buchardt and Zu also offer generous risk-free audition periods.  I believe Buchardt even pays shipping in both directions.  Virtually unheard of in the industry.

A quick check over at the UPS website, returning a pair of these 70 pound speakers to Utah from NY will cost roughly $220. Not an insignificant amount. Something to consider before giving them a whirl .

Important to have the customer have some skin into the game. Free return shipping can lead to abuse but on the other hand it can also get your speakers into more peoples homes

Wind Chaser

« Reply #41 on: 1 May 2019, 10:07 pm »
I tend to believe Eric Alexander knows what he's doing. At least far more than
most armchair experts that are often ready with an opinion.
Just my opinion :)
Hibuck...

LOL! He knows he’s building speakers, he’s got about 30 different models to choose from that are currently available on his website. Most brands don’t offer anywhere near that kind of selection. How much R&D goes into all of that?

But is “The Perfect SET Speaker” really perfect, or even compatible with SET amps just because he says so? Has science evolved to the point where everything now is just a matter of opinion?

These are just observations and questions. No opinions expressed or implied.  :dunno:

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #42 on: 1 May 2019, 11:19 pm »
Some people don't seem to understand what science is and more importantly, at times, what it is not.  :wink:

RobertRS

« Reply #43 on: 6 Jun 2019, 12:01 am »
I have Double Impact SE speakers so not the same as the thread title units but regardless I really like them and are happy with them. I agree Eric has a lot of speakers that are in similar price ranges so his marketing does confuse me a bit

The units I have are sound great with my Audio Note Kit 300B's and also sound great with my Pass solid state equipment. I would buy them again.

Tinear1

« Reply #44 on: 18 Jun 2019, 01:34 am »
I have a pair of Perfect SET-15's.  I was using them while building my horns and was pleasantly surprised at the sound and dynamics fed by my 300B SET monoblocks.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #45 on: 6 Aug 2019, 04:46 pm »
Interesting review from NRD:

https://youtu.be/2w8jnkEfrww

Best,
Anand.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #46 on: 6 Aug 2019, 11:50 pm »
Some people don't seem to understand what science is and more importantly, at times, what it is not.  :wink:

Gravity.  :wink:

charles

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #47 on: 7 Aug 2019, 04:57 am »
Interesting review from NRD:

https://youtu.be/2w8jnkEfrww

Best,
Anand.

Thanks Anand for the link. After watching the video and reading the comments I am shaking my head...

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #48 on: 7 Aug 2019, 05:26 am »
What a mess.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #49 on: 7 Aug 2019, 06:39 am »

A democracy!  :rotflmao:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #50 on: 7 Aug 2019, 06:45 am »
Official Science is just a opinion.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #51 on: 7 Aug 2019, 07:22 pm »
    Tekton sales are VG. Someone is doing something right. Try before you comment. Very easy solution. Tyson correct a "mess"
charles

JackD

« Reply #52 on: 8 Aug 2019, 02:31 am »
Well he does have his own "personal reviewer" Terry London touting every new model as the next coming both on Audiogon and now 6 Moons.

hibuckhobby

• On a search for audio nirvana
« Reply #53 on: 8 Aug 2019, 02:58 pm »
 Seems like the snark level is rising here. 
Just sayin'
Hibuck….

JackD

« Reply #54 on: 8 Aug 2019, 06:28 pm »

Delta77

« Reply #55 on: 8 Aug 2019, 07:30 pm »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 9 Aug 2019, 12:46 am by Delta77 »

khill

« Reply #56 on: 28 Oct 2019, 09:55 pm »
I have owned several Tekton speakers over the years and currently have 3 of the “cough,cough” 20 flavors in house (Lores, Double Impacts, and Perfect SET). I would have to say the Perfect SET is the most underwhelming of them all. I really loved my Lores but since they were 1st generation and had been mauled by my cats and moves over the years I decided to try the DI SE model and I have to say they are some of the finest speakers I’ve heard. Hell, they bested a pair of Super V’s Gary Dodd had at his house for years from what I remember. But, since this is a Perfect SET thread I’ll stay on point. There is something “not right” with them!?! Extended soundstage is non existent and imaging is terrible. With the Double Impacts you can pinpoint every instrument and the soundstage is GIANT and stretches wall to wall. The Lores were actually decent at this as well...just nowhere near the DI’s but they are double the cost. Not sure what’s up with these Perfect SET’s!?!? Maybe it’s my room. I’ll report back when I have a chance to move them downstairs into the main room where the DI’s are.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #57 on: 29 Oct 2019, 02:30 am »
Regarding Super V's.

Extended soundstage is non existent and imaging is terrible.

I beg to differ, greatly. I get STUNNING imaging and soundstage. I suppose if you had them close to the wall then I can see it. Imaging is very important to me and I know how to get it, usually. The Super Vs image as good as anything I have owned before, and better than most.

Rocket Ronny

PMAT

« Reply #58 on: 29 Oct 2019, 02:58 am »
I believe he was referring to the Tektons, not the Super V’s

khill

« Reply #59 on: 30 Oct 2019, 04:41 pm »
I believe he was referring to the Tektons, not the Super V’s

Correct, I was referring to the Perfect SET speakers and their inability to throw a nice soundstage. The Super V's at Gary's were the first experience I ever had with a speaker throwing an AWESOME soundstage. That was in like 2008????  :P