384khz Version Of Off-Ramp

bhobba

384khz Version Of Off-Ramp
« on: 5 Jan 2012, 10:56 am »
Hi Steve And Guys

A few people out my way have been experimenting with upsampling to 384khz and found it made a big difference.  I wonder if anyone else has had a chance to check it out and what there experiences are?

Steve do you have any plans to produce a 384khz version of the Off-Ramp?

Thanks
Bill

audioengr

Re: 384khz Version Of Off-Ramp
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jan 2012, 06:49 pm »
Hi Steve And Guys

A few people out my way have been experimenting with upsampling to 384khz and found it made a big difference.  I wonder if anyone else has had a chance to check it out and what there experiences are?

Steve do you have any plans to produce a 384khz version of the Off-Ramp?

Thanks
Bill

It will be a while if I do.  I am just putting the finishing touches on the Off-Ramp 5.

Are there actually PCM tracks at 384kHz or is it DSD?

Steve N.

bhobba

« Reply #2 on: 6 Jan 2012, 06:10 am »
It will be a while if I do.  I am just putting the finishing touches on the Off-Ramp 5. Are there actually PCM tracks at 384kHz or is it DSD?

There are a couple of PCM at that speed about - but few - very few.  Its how it sounded upsampled with programs like Pure Music or Audirvana that created the buzz.

Thanks
Bill

audioengr

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jan 2012, 07:32 pm »
There are a couple of PCM at that speed about - but few - very few.  Its how it sounded upsampled with programs like Pure Music or Audirvana that created the buzz.

Thanks
Bill

That is a function of the DAC.  This effectively eliminates the negative digital filtering effects in most DACs.  My Overdrive already does that, even with 44.1 files.

Steve N.

bhobba

« Reply #4 on: 7 Jan 2012, 03:41 am »
That is a function of the DAC.  This effectively eliminates the negative digital filtering effects in most DACs.  My Overdrive already does that, even with 44.1 files.

Now you are really tempting me to get one - but that will have to be a bit further down the track - I have a number of irons in the fire right now.

Thanks
Bill