SONY promises support Hi-End music.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
SONY promises support Hi-End music.
« on: 31 Oct 2010, 01:52 am »
A Sony representative state to Stereophile, Sony wish “reinvigorate a concern for quality” whatever it is, read more in this Stereophile blog:
http://blog.stereophile.com/rmaf2010/analogue_productions_and_sony/

>Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a cat or dog from the street. On the streets they live only two years average.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: SONY promises support Hi-End music.
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2010, 01:57 am »
Also there is a very nice, impressive post from Mr.Cookie Marenco from www.bluecoastrecords.com
We need more music producers like Mr.Marenco, music labels recording in 44kHz sampling rate today in 2010 are unacceptable. I wish at least 192kHz or DSD64/128.
Gustavo

>Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a cat or dog from the street. On the streets they live only two years average.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2010, 02:44 am »
The quote from Sony is about their great new speakers they showed at RMAF (they are in Japan, and Sony is looking to possibly import them to the US next year).  Cookie liked them too; I emailed her about them last week, in fact (Cookie is a she, not Mr. Marenco!!).  The speakers were shown in the small Sony room as well as set up for 3 channel in the large Kimber (Isomike) demo area on the first floor.

Anyway, I'm going to move this thread to the RMAF forum, it's not relevant here.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 31 Oct 2010, 03:03 am »
Sorry, I unknow Cookie Marenco was a woman.
Gustavo

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #4 on: 31 Oct 2010, 03:07 am »
I heard those speakers - very pleasant.  Not overwhelmingly great, but very good for something with the Sony name on it.  Great cabinets and great drivers.

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 31 Oct 2010, 04:10 am »
Unfortunately the reality is that Sony Music and Sony Equipment/Electronics are different companies.  The Electronics side has supported hi-rez even including SACD playback on Blu-Ray players.  The Music side seemed to abandon it after high priced single layer discs did not do well.