Tannoy Precision 6.2 - Help me Obi wan nuprime

Xlones

Tannoy Precision 6.2 - Help me Obi wan nuprime
« on: 18 Feb 2020, 07:24 pm »
Hello,

I recently acquired a pair of Tannoy Precision 6.2 speakers and now I would like to power them and send music to them in some way...with Nuprime gear.

My aim is to stream most music to the speakers and use them as TV speakers for movies.

So my aim is to have a musicstreamer > DAC > Power AMP and somewhere in there have a possibility to fit a subwoofer if needed. I’m thinking separate gear is more future proof since I can change one piece when it gets obsolete.

The TV is a Oled LG C9 with optical and HDMI 2.1 outputs.

Is this possible in anyway? Do I need to rethink the gear I need, should I have a device with more integrated "stuff".

Thank you in advance.

JackD

Re: Tannoy Precision 6.2 - Help me Obi wan nuprime
« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2020, 04:18 am »
I've done exactly that with an Auralic Aries, DAC-10 and ST-10.  Streamer via USB to the DAC-10 and the TV via Optical.  Use the SE outputs to the subs and Balanced to the ST-10.

Xlones

« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2020, 08:26 am »
Hi again.

Sorry for the late reply.

I was thinking Primare NP5 Prisma (streaming) > optical > NuPrime DAC-9 >XLR-balanced> Nuprime - STA-9 > speakers.

But then I started reading a lot about streamers and how you want a streamer without a DAC and connect via USB that you wrote that I first thought was odd but after reading more understanding that you get a bit perfect audio stream to your DAC that way.

Raspberry Pi is a strong contender for me.

rustydoglim

« Reply #3 on: 23 Feb 2020, 11:07 pm »
The big difference is whether you are dealing with local music or streaming services. 
For entry level system, Raspberry Pi or other computer based music server will work just fine.  Omnia S1 is a good fit for high-end system.
Omnia WR-1 is an all-in-one for CD quality bluetooth aptX HD or online streaming services.