Yankees clinch 2009 AL East Division

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Yankees clinch 2009 AL East Division
« on: 27 Sep 2009, 09:24 pm »
I thought I might be lucky enough to be there in person (I will be at the Stadium for tomorrow's game), but the sweep of Boston this weekend clinched the AL East division title for the Yankees.

It was a rocky start to the season, but clearly the Yanks have been the best team in baseball since May en route to their first Division title since 2006.

Hopefully it will be a memorable October and the Yanks will celebrate their 27th World Championship.

George

Ruby Mae

Re: Yankees clinch 2009 AL East Division
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2009, 11:56 pm »
I thought I might be lucky enough to be there in person (I will be at the Stadium for tomorrow's game), but the sweep of Boston this weekend clinched the AL East division title for the Yankees.

It was a rocky start to the season, but clearly the Yanks have been the best team in baseball since May en route to their first Division title since 2006.

Hopefully it will be a memorable October and the Yanks will celebrate their 27th World Championship.

George

Great game!   :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I'll be at the game tomorrow night too. Looking forward to seeing the new stadium.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2009, 12:08 am »
Nice to be the SECOND team in MLB to clinch their division  :wink:

We enjoyed our clinch yesterday George...

Bryan

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2009, 12:20 am »
Nice to be the SECOND team in MLB to clinch their division  :wink:

We enjoyed our clinch yesterday George...

Bryan

Well if the second place team in our division had the same record as the Cubs (they would be 18.5 games behind the Yanks), the Yanks would have clinched things a little sooner.   :wink:

BTW, the Yankees are the first team to reach the 100 win plateau and will be the only one to reach that mark this year.   :thumb:

It looks like we could see you at the big show, so good luck and let's see what happens.

George

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #4 on: 28 Sep 2009, 07:53 pm »
Absolutely.  Just jerking your chain George.  The Yanks have a great team.  We don't get to give you a hard time too often.

I'd love to see the Cards and Yankees in the series.

Bryan