GSHastings

« on: 31 Dec 2019, 02:29 am »
Hello All,

I'm just getting back into the audio hobby after digitizing a collection of vinyl LP's I inherited from my father.

I wanted to get them recorded with decent quality, so I purchased an Audio-Technica AT-LP120XUSB turntable. That TT came with a decent cartridge with elliptical stylus (AT-VM95E). Since some of the LP's were mono, I decided to purchase another headshell and cartridge with a conical stylus (AT-VM95C), and strap the cartridge contacts pin for mono. That has all worked out just fine, and I've digitized the whole collection.

During the digitizing project I discovered that my home theater speaker setup just doesn't cut it for listening to nice stereo music. So I'm about to start building a set of GR-Research A/V-3 MTM speakers.

I'm hoping that I can get some good info on these forums for that speaker building process (as well as other areas of interest). I'm sure that will be possible, but currently I'm not able to do a "search" anywhere on this forum board. I see a couple of other people are having the same problem. Hopefully the moderator and/or facilitator will help us fix that problem.

Best Regards to all,
Greg

adminRH

• Admin
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2019, 01:37 pm »
Hello Greg, Welcome to AudioCircle,

It is necessary that you read the site rules (About/Help) before posting further.

There is no problem with the site. Your previous posts violated our rules, so they were not approved.
"Posts that are trivial or that complain about not being able to use PMs or off-limit circles will not be approved."

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 31 Dec 2019, 01:39 pm »
Welcome!

Blackmore

« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2019, 01:57 pm »
Welcome Greg

Wind Chaser

« Reply #4 on: 31 Dec 2019, 03:19 pm »
Happy New Year and welcome to Audio Circle! :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2019, 03:46 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Greg   :thumb: 

ntjetsmoke

« Reply #6 on: 31 Dec 2019, 07:00 pm »
Welcome to the AC! Happy New Year!

GSHastings

« Reply #7 on: 1 Jan 2020, 03:27 am »
Hello Greg, Welcome to AudioCircle,

It is necessary that you read the site rules (About/Help) before posting further.

There is no problem with the site. Your previous posts violated our rules, so they were not approved.
"Posts that are trivial or that complain about not being able to use PMs or off-limit circles will not be approved."

Sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying.

My problem is that I cannot perform a search. I get an error message. My only other two posts stated that. So it appears to me that SOMETHING is wrong? That problem has nothing to do with any of my posts. I attempt to search the forum for "AV-3 speakers" (for instance), but I ALWAYS get an error message.

And I see that other members (don't know if they are new, or not) are having the same problem. I private emailed one of them, and the responded confirming the problem.

Thanks,
Greg

adminRH

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: 1 Jan 2020, 04:21 am »
You posted again before you read the site rules as requested of you by the administrator.

ServerAdmin

« Reply #9 on: 1 Jan 2020, 04:30 am »
Updated notice for newbies.

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #10 on: 1 Jan 2020, 12:51 pm »
Welcome.. :icon_lol: :thumb: