Audio Concepts Inc. Sub 1 Crossover

Dchristie

Audio Concepts Inc. Sub 1 Crossover
« on: 4 Jun 2019, 05:59 pm »
Greetings, I recently brought my original ACI Sub 1's out of storage and discovered that I no longer had the bandpass xover for the subs. I built these ( along with Sapphire satellites ) back in 1992 or so and somewhere in the past 5 moves, I have lost the external crossovers. I designed the the crossovers to be outward as I upgraded the coils and caps and the finished crossovers were just to big to be placed in the speakers. I do have the original manual but although it does show a pictorial of the crossover, it does not list the values for any of the components. Speaker Builder also did a review of the Sub 1 (as a kit) but again, only shows the satellite crossover (200 uf) and not the Sub 1 band pass filter.

So, I am hoping that someone ( maybe Mike Dzurko) might be able to provide the schematic or at least the values of the 3 inductors and the total cap capacitance  for the bandpass filter for the bass driver ( manual lists it as a DV12 - it has the rubber surround) .

Thanks

Dean

dgt888

Re: Audio Concepts Inc. Sub 1 Crossover
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jun 2021, 06:56 pm »
If you are still in need of the crossover components I can provide.  The crossover was part of a SpeakerBuilder magazine article and I have a pair (still excellent).