NX-Studio 3-way?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
NX-Studio 3-way?
« on: 6 Apr 2020, 08:12 pm »
I'm curious how a potential 3-way NX-Studio would be set up, esp when keeping a presumably sealed cabinet for near field use up against walls?

Would they become taller mini-towers, or would a wider box speakers with the OB tweeter and mid as usual, with a woofer to the side be more appropriate? (Or with a similar driver arrangement, but in a vertical orientation?)
Would the cabinet remain sealed, or would a front/rear port need to be included?

I know this is more hypothetical curiosity than anything, but it'd make for some interesting discussion.
Plus I want to see what people would like, or hope for, from such a product?

Sonicjoy

Re: NX-Studio 3-way?
« Reply #1 on: 6 Apr 2020, 08:59 pm »
Hobbs there was some talk of that in Danny's Studio Monitor thread. In the end Danny decided it was not workable or practical.

Read through this thread: https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=160647.0

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 6 Apr 2020, 09:05 pm »
I'd put the studio monitors on stands and add one or two of the 12" sealed servo subs. This way you can put the subs where they sound best.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 6 Apr 2020, 09:49 pm »
That's fair. I don't really have the room for floor standers, so id ideally need a wider option to keep them desk centric, plus I don't really have the room for a pair of servo subs, a single for sure but it'd most likely be forced under the desk which is fine, but not ideal.