Default Audio Alchemy DDI V2.0 and DDE V1.1 power supply assistance

audiowalker

I am hoping someone here can assist me in obtaining power information for Audio Alchemy power supply for both units. I recently acquired these but without any power supplies. I searched the net and found some information but nothing solid. Thus, I am hoping someone, who still may have theirs, can let me know what DC volts does both units use and what does the 12s buss connection do? Can I use a standard 5 pin din cable?

I have a PS for my Headroom Micro Amp and DAC that does fit the connections for the DDI V2.0 but I do not dare turn it on for fear of burning out the unit. The PS for the Headroom is DC 15v.

Thanks in advance for your assistance and information! :thumb:

Cheers.

Barry_NJ

• So much media... So little time...
Well, your nomenclature has me a bit confused, I have a DTI v2.0 and a DDE v1.2 but I'm not aware of a DDI v#.# produced by Audio Alchemy. With that said...

My DTI uses an Audio Alchemy PS4 which is really an EDS model number 7900 with a primary of 120v 60Hz 20w and secondary 1 is +-18vdc@250mA and secondary 2 is +-8vdc@250mA

My DDE uses an Audio Alchemy PS5 which is really an EDS model number 9677 with a primary of 120v 60Hz 15w and the secondary is +-14vdc@400mA

Hope this helps  :green:

P.S. Dusty Vawter, of Channel Islands Audio, used to repair this stuff, and he may be able to provide more information.

audiowalker

Hello,

Thanks for the information. I PM someone else who have similar Audio Alchemy unit for sale with power supplies and he said the same thing about CIaudio. I will give them a call and see what I can do.

Again, I appreciate the post and information. Many happy days to you.

Cheers ~

Barry_NJ

• So much media... So little time...
FWIW, here's a link to EDS's web site...

http://edspower.com/powersupplies.htm

audiowalker

Much appreciated  :thumb:

Cheers ~