TP 3.0's What am I getting myself into?

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: TP 3.0's What am I getting myself into?
« Reply #20 on: 28 May 2009, 04:08 pm »
Gene....
What amp are you using with your TP's ? Thanks... :thumb:

Hi Chris,

The only other nut I can remember that has both the Mini's and TP's in house at the same time. Although my Mini's are on the way out the door today.  :thumb:

As far as my amp, I've got the Spectron. I know I've never used but a small fraction of its capabilities but at the time, I didn't want any regrets. One day, I'll aim the TP's at the windows, put on my headphones for protection, crank it up and see if anything breaks.  :green:

Gene
.....Thanks Gene. :thumb:

Your scaring the glass panes..... :lol:

Yes...I still own both...and always will. Now the Minis are sitting on top of the TP's...a little variety...switching back and forth....just don't have the room here.

As I have heard the whole line....as you move up it just gets bigger and better....as your finding out.

But owning a TP is a good place to be....enjoy.... :beer:

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #21 on: 28 May 2009, 04:18 pm »
Gene....
What amp are you using with your TP's ? Thanks... :thumb:

Hi Chris,

The only other nut I can remember that has both the Mini's and TP's in house at the same time. Although my Mini's are on the way out the door today.  :thumb:

As far as my amp, I've got the Spectron. I know I've never used but a small fraction of its capabilities but at the time, I didn't want any regrets. One day, I'll aim the TP's at the windows, put on my headphones for protection, crank it up and see if anything breaks.  :green:

Gene
.....Thanks Gene. :thumb:

Your scaring the glass panes..... :lol:

Yes...I still own both...and always will. Now the Minis are sitting on top of the TP's...a little variety...switching back and forth....just don't have the room here.

As I have heard the whole line....as you move up it just gets bigger and better....as your finding out.

But owning a TP is a good place to be....enjoy.... :beer:

Ha! If I were keeping the Mini's, the only place for them would be on top the TP's. No room here either.

I noticed when mounting the TP's on my stands, there is a panel of some sort on the bottom. I haven't really looked at it close because anything to do with those monsters takes more muscle than I've got.

But I've asked Bob if those are removable to allow adding the lower box that turns them into the mysterious Mini-Revelations. Do you know?

Here we go again.  :thumb:

Gene

lonewolfny42

« Reply #22 on: 28 May 2009, 04:32 pm »
I noticed when mounting the TP's on my stands, there is a panel of some sort on the bottom. I haven't really looked at it close because anything to do with those monsters takes more muscle than I've got.

But I've asked Bob if those are removable to allow adding the lower box that turns them into the mysterious Mini-Revelations. Do you know?

Might be....I have the 2.0's ....no such panel on mine.
I'm sure Bob could answer that.

Make sure the stands are strong.... :weights:

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #23 on: 28 May 2009, 04:34 pm »
Yes, that panel is for future mini-Rev possibilities.    :thumb:  That's how my Revs are..the tops are sealed (non-ported) Continuums (similar to my Continuum AD surrounds and center) and have the bottom panel opened to the transmission-line bases.  The whole thing is joined via a unique gasket set up that you bolt down, ingeniously forming an airtight seal. 

mcullinan

« Reply #24 on: 28 May 2009, 04:40 pm »
Continuums... ahh if only. It were a perfect world.
:(
Mike

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #25 on: 28 May 2009, 05:12 pm »
I got a PM from Big Red Machine but when I replied to it, it came back that his InBox was full.

So if he is reading this thread, let me know.

Thanks,

Gene

rydenfan

« Reply #26 on: 28 May 2009, 07:41 pm »

I think I'll finally go and propose I start a hirez music forum here.  It will be about all things hirez audio (pc music, multichannel music, Blu Ray music, how to rip DVD-Audio, DACs that handle 24/192, etc.)

I believe it when I see it  :rotflmao:

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #27 on: 28 May 2009, 07:53 pm »

I think I'll finally go and propose I start a hirez music forum here.  It will be about all things hirez audio (pc music, multichannel music, Blu Ray music, how to rip DVD-Audio, DACs that handle 24/192, etc.)

I believe it when I see it  :rotflmao:

Oh shut up!   :lol:

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #28 on: 12 Jun 2009, 05:14 pm »
Well I see the Gallery is back up. I've uploaded a couple of shots into my gallery but I'll post them here if I can figure the new setup.

They are still singing beautifully and I've been getting info from Bob about converting them into the Revelation Mini configuration.

Gene

Wow! That sure was difficult!  :thumb:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #29 on: 12 Jun 2009, 06:32 pm »
Looking good Gene...thanks for the photo's.... :beer: