ht5 ?!

JP78

ht5 ?!
« on: 13 Apr 2008, 01:07 am »
when reading all the well-wishing for dennis murphy (congratulations on the operation :) ) i caught multiple references to the ht5.

while i'm in no position to afford them, it doesn't mean i can't dream.  specs? details?  fuel the curiosity fire!

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
Re: ht5 ?!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2008, 01:28 am »
Ooops.  I obviously should have chosen a higher number.  I thought that by skipping past an HT4 people wouldn't expect that there really was an HT5 on the radar.  'Cause we haven't made a heck of a lot of progress on a new top-of-the-line speaker.  Which would be an HT4.  So keep those orders for the HT3 coming in, folks.  Jim is never going to get rich on the SongTowers. 

wiz

« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2008, 02:55 am »
I expect my Songtowers soon, and I can't wait!! I'm sure you're right about Jim not getting rich with the Songtowers, but they are an excellent starting /price point for Jim and his customers. If the Songtowers prove to be as good as they appear, I will certainly upgrade (in Jim's line) when room and finances permit. In my case, and probably many others, I wouldn't have considered Salk speakers without the ST's, and would have missed out on a great manufacturer. I guess what I'm trying to say is...I hope the ST's prove to be a good starting point for many customers who will shortly upgrade to another Salk speaker. Bring on the HT5's!!!!

AliG

« Reply #3 on: 13 Apr 2008, 04:29 am »
HT5 === bigger cabinet... bigger drivers...ruler flat frequency response from 20Hz to 20kHz, blow the $65k Focal Grand Utopia out of the water. :dance: :dance: :dance:

brj

« Reply #4 on: 14 Apr 2008, 05:59 am »