So this Irishman walks into

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: So this Irishman walks into
« Reply #20 on: 12 Apr 2008, 05:24 pm »
Mr. M -

Good to hear you are home, no additional bodywork was required, and all went well. May your recovery be speedy.

Toka

« Reply #21 on: 12 Apr 2008, 09:19 pm »
Thanks for the update Dennis! Take it easy...slow n' steady wins races (or so I hear).

Er...HT5's?  :icon_surprised:

Zero

« Reply #22 on: 13 Apr 2008, 12:09 am »
Awesome news there Dennis!  Now, lets have a pint aye!? :)

Rom

« Reply #23 on: 13 Apr 2008, 11:31 am »
Dennis,

Good to know your in good shape now, I'm here in MD for a week and I'm not sure if I can squeeze my schedule and my brother schedule to come and visit you one more time before going back to Italy. Can you PM me your address and If I can will try to come for visit.

ciao
Rom

funkmonkey

« Reply #24 on: 13 Apr 2008, 08:22 pm »
Glad to hear that your home Dennis.  Heal quickly.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #25 on: 13 Apr 2008, 11:57 pm »
An Irishman walks into a bar in Dublin, orders three pints of Guinness and sits in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn. When he finishes them, he comes back to the bar and orders three more.

The bartender approaches and tells him, "You know, a pint goes flat after I draw it; it would taste better if you bought one at a time."

The Irishman replies, "Well, you see, I have two brothers. One is in America, the other in Australia, and I'm here in Dublin. When we all left home, we promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days when we drank together. So I drinks one for each o' me brothers and one for me self."

The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there. The Irishman becomes a regular in the bar, and always drinks the same way: He orders three pints and drinks them in turn.

One day, he comes in and orders two pints. All the other regulars take notice and fall silent. When he comes back to the bar for the second round, the bartender says, "I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your great loss."

The Irishman looks quite puzzled for a moment, then a light dawns in his eye and he laughs. "Oh, no, everybody's just fine," He explains, "It's just that me wife had us join that Baptist Church and I had to quit drinking. 'Hasn't affected me brothers a bit though.... :lol:

All the best Dennis.....good to hear it went well. :thumb:

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #26 on: 14 Apr 2008, 12:38 am »
Thanks for the laugh, Lone Wolf.  The doc sent me home with two warnings.  One--don't lift more than 10 lbs.  Two--no more than one glass of wine a day.  Fortunately, he didn't specify the size of the glass.   Does anyone have a straw?

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #27 on: 14 Apr 2008, 12:51 am »
Thanks for the laugh, Lone Wolf.  The doc sent me home with two warnings.  One--don't lift more than 10 lbs.  Two--no more than one glass of wine a day.  Fortunately, he didn't specify the size of the glass.   Does anyone have a straw?
Should be under 10lbs. when filled... :wink:

.................. :thumb:

jackman

« Reply #28 on: 14 Apr 2008, 02:16 am »
Hey, this is the message I've been waiting for!  Welcome back Dennis.  I am happy to hear that you pulled through and look forward to a speedy recovery!  Looks like there may be a couple 2 way monitor in the works for you...since you can't handle anything bigger for a while!

Cheers,

Jack

markC

« Reply #29 on: 14 Apr 2008, 03:47 am »
Glad to see your in good spirits, Dennis!
That's a good one, Wolfy! (Hope it's O.K to call you Wolfy!) :lol:

funkmonkey

« Reply #30 on: 14 Apr 2008, 05:04 am »
So this Irishman walks into a pub and sits down next to an englishman, and an american.  He orders up a pint, and as the barkeep brings him his beer he sees the american shoo a fly off his own beer and ask the barkeep to kindly replace it.  The bartender rolls his eyes but replaces the beer with a fresh draft.  The fly then lands on the englishman's glass who waves the fly off and downs half his pint in a gulp, with a wink at the american.  The fly comes to rest again, but this time in the irishman's glass.  The irishman sees the fly, and with lightning quick reflexes, grabs the pest by the back of its head and shakes it over his glass, saying "spi' it out! spi' it out, yeh li'l fooker!"

brj

« Reply #31 on: 14 Apr 2008, 05:55 am »
Glad to hear you're up and about, Dennis, and that the surgery went well.  Good luck with the recovery!

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #32 on: 14 Apr 2008, 07:02 am »
Good news Dennis! Nice to hear you'r back in brawlie!
 :thumb:

Imperial

Nuance

« Reply #33 on: 14 Apr 2008, 05:15 pm »
Great to see you back, Dennis!  We were all routing for you.    :thumb: