New Songtowers.........another winner!

skidro

New Songtowers.........another winner!
« on: 15 Mar 2008, 12:47 pm »
I've been listening to my new Songtowers for a few days now and wanted to post some thoughts. I have been a very pleased owner of a pair of HT1's for a couple of years and decided to order Songtowers for a 2'nd bedroom sytem. Once again, Jim has provided a speaker that is stunning in both looks and performance. I am amazed at the quality of sound Jim can provide at the Songtower price point. The midrange is incredible, darn close to the HT1's!!!! Highs and lows are outstanding, and the overall sound is balanced and transparent. Imaging and detail are downright spooky on well recorded material, and vocals and horns are quite realistic. I put Jim's demo CD on both systems and proceeded to go back and forth from room to room to see how the HT1's compared to the Songtowers. The ribbon tweeter is unbeatable to my ears, but the Songtower highs are also very smooth and accurate. The midrange is very close with a bit of edge in transparency going to the HT1's. The bass is tight and controlled in both speakers, but I definitely am getting more of it from the Songtowers. I did stop to think at one point just how much fun I was having comparing two sets of such fine speakers!!!!!! My conclusions? Both are absolutely fantastic with the HT1's winning in ultimate detail, transparency and resolution, but the Songtowers are very competitive, as well as deeper in the lows. Soundstage and imaging are outstanding on both. I haven't heard anything that beats either at their respective price points and I've listened closely to martin logan, magnepan, gallo refs and vandersteen. I must say that all were impressive, but I'm keeping my Salks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done yet again Jim.

Greg Rowe

BrianM

Re: New Songtowers.........another winner!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2008, 02:46 pm »
This reminds me of the really fun comparison I almost but never did between the SongTowers and my 1801s.  Might have been even closer given they use the same tweeter.  Have fun wandering from room to room!