Thanks so much for the thoughtful post!

tenantman

• Industry Participant
  • Togetherness beats all odds
    • Caprice Audio
Re: Quick impression of Nirvana speaker cables and IC's
« Reply #21 on: 6 Aug 2011, 12:45 pm »
Phamm

I too found the Virtue Nirvana IC to sound superior to the Grover SC "sheen" cables I have. The Nirvana are smoother and I highly recommend them. By the way, I did not keep the Nirvana in lieu of a superior (expensive) product but the Nirvana has my respect and if I were to select a back up, the Nirvana will be my choice especially at the asking price.

As to Seths comments about products that are worthy of the "Virtue" name, you have my profound respect and admiration for expressing a high level of quality and service to your customers. I for one am a big fan.

PHamm

« Reply #22 on: 16 Dec 2011, 05:35 pm »
I just want to add a quick long-term use report to this thread. My system has been sounding great recently (thanks partly to some further tweaking of my EE Minimax DAC and a change to battery power for the Sensation). However, we all get the audiophile upgrade itch and I was considering spending some serious money on a new set of ICs to see if I could improve on the Nirvanas. I came very close to hitting the 'buy' button, but I just couldn't do it. Maybe I will at some point, but when push came to shove I just couldn't convince myself that spending several hundred bucks was a good idea when the Nirvana ICs (in combination with Nirvana speaker cables) are sounding so good. The Nirvanas have allowed me to hear the benefits of my recent tweaks. I think they continued to ease in for some time after my initial positive post earlier on this thread and just got better and better. For now, the Nirvana cables still do the job beautifully and really rate as long term keepers. Jason and Virtue have a great product here, and killer value.

Rclark

« Reply #23 on: 16 Dec 2011, 11:02 pm »
Have you treated your room yet?

OzarkTom

« Reply #24 on: 17 Dec 2011, 02:45 pm »
I just want to add a quick long-term use report to this thread. My system has been sounding great recently (thanks partly to some further tweaking of my EE Minimax DAC and a change to battery power for the Sensation). However, we all get the audiophile upgrade itch and I was considering spending some serious money on a new set of ICs to see if I could improve on the Nirvanas. I came very close to hitting the 'buy' button, but I just couldn't do it. Maybe I will at some point, but when push came to shove I just couldn't convince myself that spending several hundred bucks was a good idea when the Nirvana ICs (in combination with Nirvana speaker cables) are sounding so good. The Nirvanas have allowed me to hear the benefits of my recent tweaks. I think they continued to ease in for some time after my initial positive post earlier on this thread and just got better and better. For now, the Nirvana cables still do the job beautifully and really rate as long term keepers. Jason and Virtue have a great product here, and killer value.

What speakers are you running?

Also, try The Nirvana USB cable, that will improve your sound vs. any other USB cable.

PHamm

« Reply #25 on: 17 Dec 2011, 05:41 pm »
RClark, I have a couple of GIK 244 panels behind my speakers and I will probably add a couple of GIK bass panels in due course. The speakers are in our living room, so anything too dramatic requires careful negotiation and compromise.

OzarkTom, I am using modded AZ Adagios (Adagio Extremes, modded by Response Audio a few years ago). When I can afford a sensible upgrade (whatever that might be), I will replace the Adagios and move them down to my tv room downstairs to replace some cheap bookshelf speakers I am currently using down there.

I haven't tried any of the Virtue digital ICs. I use an ACR USB cable to my USB/SPDIF box and a Veloce Black Cat coax from that to my DAC.

Rclark

« Reply #26 on: 17 Dec 2011, 07:16 pm »
Well if it were me then, I wouldn't be looking at "serious money" for cables, if you have money to spend I would put it on WAF approved treatments, the more expensive kind that look like furniture and plants and panels with wifey chosen artwork on the panels.

I think you'll be more satisfied as for that need to improve the sound. I just jury rigged a large diffuser just to see and the improvement is wow. Not slight at all.

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #27 on: 20 Dec 2011, 07:16 pm »
Well-treated rooms are amazing, especially with directional speakers.

Tom B. is consistently able to get great results in untreated rooms with off-wall, omni-directional speakers... but there's a certain "feel" to it that you will like or not.