M-901 "wind" sounds with the Dodd buffer-and not that leaf rustling volume pot

Trismos

Before I start, How do you do the signature thing where you can post your system?  Not very intuitive.

Ok. So I have the Virtue M-901 with Clarity MR caps and Dodd tube buffer upgrade powered by 24v 28ah battery kit.

I've recently purchased the Psvane 12AU7-T tube for the buffer. I've only had it in for a couple of days but today I noticed a rather loud wind sound independant of the volume control or the selected input. When I toggle the buffer off, dead silence.

Has anyone else experienced this?

neekomax

No idea about the wind sound thing, sorry.

But to post your system, click on "Systems" in the menu bar at the top of any page. On the left, below your avatar, is a menu where you can create a new system.

Have fun!

ltr317

Before I start, How do you do the signature thing where you can post your system?  Not very intuitive.

Ok. So I have the Virtue M-901 with Clarity MR caps and Dodd tube buffer upgrade powered by 24v 28ah battery kit.

I've recently purchased the Psvane 12AU7-T tube for the buffer. I've only had it in for a couple of days but today I noticed a rather loud wind sound independant of the volume control or the selected input. When I toggle the buffer off, dead silence.

Has anyone else experienced this?

If the original tube didn't produce the noise then it's probably the Psvane.  Did you buy it new or use?  Sometimes a used tube that hasn't been in a circuit for a long time and is being stored will develop some oxidation in the pins, which will cause a crackling noise or hiss.  Very often when the pins are clean the noise goes away.  A wind noise sounds more like tube rush through the buffer.