Super 7 Flat Packs.....

Captainhemo

Re: Super 7 Flat Packs.....
« Reply #60 on: 5 Sep 2018, 09:23 pm »
Yup,   I did that intentionally.  thought it would  look good.

jay

ebag4

« Reply #61 on: 5 Sep 2018, 11:44 pm »
Hey Jay, from your renderings on the first page it appears that the baffle sits in front of the top of the H frame.  If you are using the same baffle for the complete speaker as you are the top section alone, it seems I could  remove 1”(? ,the thickness of the H frame top)  from the bottom of the baffle and still maintain the same distance from the top of my H frame to the bottom NEO 10 assuming I don’t install a bottom in the top section :scratch: :duh:.  If you can understand what I am attempting to ask, do you agree or am I missing something?  I’m trying to keep the height to a minimum.

Thanks,
Ed

Captainhemo

« Reply #62 on: 6 Sep 2018, 02:23 am »
Hey Ed,
Yup,  that is  correct.  I didn't  want a  seam  on the fron face of the   complete Super 7  speaker, it's better  for the full blown  S7 to have it  behind where it is out of sight and not a   PItA to deal with. Also eliminates the  chance of it possibly showing up  down the road in some gorgeous paint.

You could  do   exactly  what  you're saying if you don't mind having the  seam, dealing with it, and   having it possibly show  in  the future. Or,  you  could simply  make  it a reveal betweenthe  bottom of the baffle and top of the  H-frames with a small radius or bevel if you  prefer. 

One thing to  remember is that there isn't  a ton of room below the bottom   Neo10 (rear side),  I tried hard to keep the  tweeter  at  lower  height than the original S7's so space was utalized.  I'm  only using a  1" top plate onthe  sub section... if you  used a 1.5"  top plate on  your subs,   there'll end up being    .5"  less  that  what  you  see in the   model pics

jay

ebag4

« Reply #63 on: 7 Sep 2018, 12:38 am »
Thanks Jay, I believe I can make that work.

Best,
Ed

Danny Richie

« Reply #64 on: 16 Oct 2018, 06:39 pm »
The new baffles that Jay had CNC cut for these worked out really well. They measured great.

Jay will have to finish getting the rest of the flat pack priced out for a total cost on it all and these can then be sold as kits.

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #65 on: 16 Oct 2018, 06:52 pm »
Great news!   :thumb:

Captainhemo

« Reply #66 on: 27 Oct 2018, 06:59 pm »
First full s7 pair of these are in the  que for cutting  now  :thumb:
There will be a  front and  rear sub grill included in each kit.... frames will be pre-drilled for  3/8x3/8  cylinder magnets.  All mating parts  will be drilled from the rear side   so no  effect on painted faces.  guys will need to pick up  32 of these magnets  for the   kit.

Kits will also include 2 of our  A370 amp boxes for the   servo amps.
Will update  soon..... :popcorn: 

jay
« Last Edit: 3 Nov 2018, 03:50 pm by Captainhemo »

tasar

« Reply #67 on: 2 Nov 2018, 06:26 pm »
Jay, do I understand correctly, you will be making an upper baffle kit available as well ? If so I’m thinking a Super V remodeling. Danny please chime in on critical offsets eg do the Neo driver front faces need to be on the front plane of the overall cabinet ? If not, and depending on critical baffle math, my thought was to mount top baffle behind the continuous top to bottom face frame of my Vs ? Then I need to adjust height as Ed suggests below, and at the Vs base where there’s room to spare.

Captainhemo

« Reply #68 on: 3 Nov 2018, 04:00 pm »
Yes,  that is the plan but converting the  Super V's to the Super 7's would  not  be   easy. It's been discussed  a couple times both publically ( in threads)  and   privately.   Probably better off selling  your  V's  as complete speakers  , they are a great speaker  as they stand.   
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=159276.0

jay

tasar

« Reply #69 on: 3 Nov 2018, 04:10 pm »
Anything is possible with woodworkers involved. Will the upper baffle alone, be available ?

Danny Richie

« Reply #70 on: 4 Nov 2018, 10:53 pm »
Anything is possible with woodworkers involved. Will the upper baffle alone, be available ?

I'd still swap entire cabinets and sell your Super-V's minus the servo subs. You'll come out ahead that way.

SteveKi

« Reply #71 on: 6 Nov 2018, 06:34 pm »
Danny,
Are you going to be selling all the parts needed to build the Super 7 kit?
Steve

Captainhemo

« Reply #72 on: 6 Nov 2018, 08:00 pm »
Danny,
Are you going to be selling all the parts needed to build the Super 7 kit?
Steve

Yup, will be a  complete kit including  drivers, amps, networks parts , flat packs  etc
Was hoping to have the first pair of cabinets thurs/fri but  not sure they'll get cut this week.  Hoping to hear more soon

jay

WC

« Reply #73 on: 6 Nov 2018, 08:05 pm »
Price of drivers is going up due to the China Tariffs which could affect the price Danny is charging for the kit.

Danny Richie

« Reply #74 on: 7 Nov 2018, 03:53 am »
Price of drivers is going up due to the China Tariffs which could affect the price Danny is charging for the kit.

25% increase starting Jan. 1 on some of our drivers.
« Last Edit: 9 Nov 2018, 04:41 pm by Danny Richie »

tasar

« Reply #75 on: 11 Nov 2018, 04:29 am »
Now would be a good time to know if upper front panel alone would be available for a price along with the drivers and crossover.
Do we have a final number for tweeter height, at center, from floor less spikes ?

Captainhemo

« Reply #76 on: 11 Nov 2018, 04:52 pm »
Now would be a good time to know if upper front panel alone would be available for a price along with the drivers and crossover.
Do we have a final number for tweeter height, at center, from floor less spikes ?

42.5", no spikes  which I believe is a  bit lower  than the originals.

Hadn't really planned on   selling individual parts, it's not very  cost effective  once  sheets are nested in full cut patterns especially if the  numbers  match   (ie x baffles, x pairs of wings).  Will have to see  how the  numbers come out.

jay

ebag4

« Reply #77 on: 11 Nov 2018, 06:34 pm »
What about the top sections with wings Jay, will they be available for sale before the increase in driver prices?

Thanks,
Ed

Captainhemo

« Reply #78 on: 11 Nov 2018, 07:08 pm »
Doing my best Ed, there is a lot  in the "q".     the time is going by so  darn fast

jay

ebag4

« Reply #79 on: 11 Nov 2018, 07:14 pm »
Doing my best Ed, there is a lot  in the "q".     the time is going by so  darn fast

jay

I am sure Jay, not rushing you, just curious.  If you and Danny had a preorder price worked out prior to the new year you may get some advanced sales, just thinking out loud.

Best,
Ed