Super 7 Flat Packs.....

jparkhur

Re: Super 7 Flat Packs.....
« Reply #140 on: 14 Feb 2019, 03:20 pm »
Why us a tweeter with the Neo 10's?

For some reason I was thinking  the red line was Neo 10s... and then the Neo 3 picked up.. but I wasn't coherent.... it is summed ...

Danny Richie

« Reply #141 on: 14 Feb 2019, 03:26 pm »
For some reason I was thinking  the red line was Neo 10s... and then the Neo 3 picked up.. but I wasn't coherent.... it is summed ...

Ah,

And I could bring the level of the Neo 10's up a bit and flatten out the response a little more, but doing so makes them a bit forward and on the bright side. Dropping the level a bit over a wide range tends to soften them and help balance out the overall power response and room responses a little better for most rooms.

Captainhemo

« Reply #142 on: 14 Feb 2019, 05:46 pm »
oops, didn't  see  Danny's response on  this page

SteveKi

« Reply #143 on: 15 Feb 2019, 03:48 am »

WOW!

I received my Super-7 upper kit today.  Very well packed, great quality. Easy to assemble.
Everything is put together temporarily. I will prep and paint them when the weather warms up.
Impressive sound, even in a lousy room, I will play with placement on the weekend. I just
wanted to sit and listen tonight.
Steve

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #144 on: 15 Feb 2019, 03:54 am »

WOW!

I received my Super-7 upper kit today.  Very well packed, great quality. Easy to assemble.
Everything is put together temporarily. I will prep and paint them when the weather warms up.
Impressive sound, even in a lousy room, I will play with placement on the weekend. I just
wanted to sit and listen tonight.
Steve

NICE!!!!  Congrats on getting such awesome speakers!  When they were sold at retail for $20k, they were underpriced.  People getting them for the kit price are getting the deal of the century!

Captainhemo

« Reply #145 on: 15 Feb 2019, 03:59 am »
Cool  Steve   8)

We still have the one  flat pack  from the  original run if anyone is on the fence.....

jay

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #146 on: 15 Feb 2019, 06:10 am »
Got mine last night. These are just dry fit together to see what they looked like on the dual H-frames.

Mike

ebag4

« Reply #147 on: 15 Feb 2019, 01:48 pm »
Hey Mike, are you building these for yourself?  I am looking forward to your thoughts regarding these as compared to your NX Oticas.

I see your sides haven’t been rounded over, that would be my preference as well.

Best,
Ed

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #148 on: 15 Feb 2019, 02:29 pm »
Hey Mike, are you building these for yourself?  I am looking forward to your thoughts regarding these as compared to your NX Oticas.

I see your sides haven’t been rounded over, that would be my preference as well.

Best,
Ed

Ed,

My plan is to cut the sides and base out of figured cherry to match the subs. I will use the sides and base from the kit as templates. Because of this, I asked Jay to not round the sides over. The pieces will work better as patterns with straight edges.

Now I have to find some 8/4 figured cherry and save up enough money for the rest of the kit

Mike

SteveKi

« Reply #149 on: 15 Feb 2019, 10:12 pm »
FYI The kit from Danny comes with yarn for the tweeter. Reply #8 has pictures and instructions about how to modify the tweeter.
Steve

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=152039.msg1626035#msg1626035

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #150 on: 16 Feb 2019, 01:16 am »
I got my flat pack too!  Woo hoo!  I think I’m going to repaint my subs.

Untitled

Captainhemo

« Reply #151 on: 16 Feb 2019, 04:51 am »
FYI The kit from Danny comes with yarn for the tweeter. Reply #8 has pictures and instructions about how to modify the tweeter.
Steve

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=152039.msg1626035#msg1626035

Glad  that  worked  for you

jay

Captainhemo

« Reply #152 on: 26 Feb 2019, 08:34 pm »
A Super 7 monitor and   dual h-frame fully prepped and ready to  go to paint.
This set is going to be used  as a  center  channel with a pair of  Line forces.

jay

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #153 on: 26 Feb 2019, 10:35 pm »
A Super 7 monitor and   dual h-frame fully prepped and ready to  go to paint.
This set is going to be used  as a  center  channel with a pair of  Line forces.

jay

If it's a center channel it should look like the x-voce. :eyebrows:  That would be the biggest center channel ever!  :P

(Ok, I know that's not true.  I'm pretty sure someone used an LS-9 as a center a while back.)

Captainhemo

« Reply #154 on: 26 Feb 2019, 11:14 pm »
Yeah,  I believe Ruben built out a  few of those... LSC IIRC

jay

ebag4

« Reply #155 on: 26 Feb 2019, 11:55 pm »

Jay, does this mean that the line force is complete and available for purchase?

Thanks,
Ed

Captainhemo

« Reply #156 on: 27 Feb 2019, 12:11 am »
yeah man,  see    the  Line  force  thread, added  some  pics  today.
We've got  enough composite in stock to do another pair   without  having to order  more.    Will bring in  more  after  the next  pair is  spoken for.

jay

Captainhemo

« Reply #157 on: 18 Mar 2019, 03:59 am »
A few updated pics of the  Super 7's build state...
Went with   House  of Kolor  "tangerine  for the  side panels,  the front baffles,  the  frontof the  sub enclosures and the  front  braces
https://www.houseofkolor.com/kolors/detail/index.html?id=S2-KBC08&ref=kolors
A couple pics

This is  a deep  kandy  color, it is pretty cool. It can be pretty  dark  in  dim light but man, when any light hits the edges, it  POPs.
Still need to   get the bases  done in  satin black  and spray out the inside of the   rear sub enclosures (satin black as well).
Getting there 

jay

forgot the front baffles

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #158 on: 18 Mar 2019, 01:54 pm »
Beautiful Jay.  Looking forward to coming up to hear them some day.  I didn't realize the painting was done before gluing them up.

Jeff

Captainhemo

« Reply #159 on: 18 Mar 2019, 03:24 pm »
Beautiful Jay.  Looking forward to coming up to hear them some day.  I didn't realize the painting was done before gluing them up.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. The sun is poking through  the window this am and  man, it's crazy   what the HOK paint does in the sunlight.
In many cases, we paint after  asembly but  with these and the  Kandy color,  we had to go this route to keep the  color  consistant.
With the lower  rear  subs section of the  S7's being  a  separate sub assembly,  it makes it pretty easy to do,  hopefully  I still say that  after final glue up !

jay