Jets vs SD

lcrim

Jets vs SD
« on: 17 Jan 2010, 11:00 pm »
I have not seen SD this season and being a NYGiants fan I was put off by Rex Ryan's predictions but I've managed to work up a good deal of distaste for SD.  The constant mouthing off and phony celebrating for making any play reminds me of the Eagles.  The worst part of pro-football at least to me.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Re: Jets vs SD
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2010, 11:06 pm »
This one's been a snoozer so far.  Both teams bore me, but I expected the Bolts to be up by 14 by now.  The Jets are pretty scrappy.  Part of me would find it funny for them to beat the Colts in the AFC championship, since the only reason they managed to back into the playoffs was because Indy laid down for 'em.  :lol:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2010, 11:28 pm »
Of the four games this weekend, I thought this was the least likely to be close. Wrong again!

Bigfish

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2010, 11:50 pm »
This is one very boring football game!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2010, 11:56 pm »
This is one very boring football game!

Not if the Jet's win IMHO,,,  :o

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #5 on: 18 Jan 2010, 12:05 am »
Phil Lip is going to lose. Chargers could not manage to get a first down in the third quarter. Now the Jets have the ball inside the Bolt's ten yard line at the beginning of the fourth. We are about to see the biggest choke of the season.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #6 on: 18 Jan 2010, 12:31 am »
Phil Lip is going to lose. Chargers could not manage to get a first down in the third quarter. Now the Jets have the ball inside the Bolt's ten yard line at the beginning of the fourth. We are about to see the biggest choke of the season.

So far Jason,,,, the biggest choke of the season will be if the Jets win this game and then beat the team that let them in the playoffs, THE COLTS!

THAT will be the biggest choke of the season IMHO.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

jackman

« Reply #7 on: 18 Jan 2010, 12:54 am »

So far Jason,,,, the biggest choke of the season will be if the Jets win this game and then beat the team that let them in the playoffs, THE COLTS!

THAT will be the biggest choke of the season IMHO.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Agreed!  But that ain't going to happen.  Manning is going to carry that team to the big game.  If the Jets close this one out, this is their last win.  Good season eith er way for Ryan.  I'd take him over Lovie Smith!

jermmd

« Reply #8 on: 18 Jan 2010, 12:58 am »
Awesome! Go Jets.

lcrim

« Reply #9 on: 18 Jan 2010, 12:59 am »
SD has no class.

I think the Chargers earned the loss.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #10 on: 18 Jan 2010, 01:02 am »
Congrats to rookie Mark Sanchez for advancing his team to the AFC Championship game.  :thumb:

Yet another USC alum to make his home town proud this weekend!!!  :beer:

Go Saints,
Jerry

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #11 on: 18 Jan 2010, 01:06 am »
Agreed!  But that ain't going to happen.  Manning is going to carry that team to the big game.  If the Jets close this one out, this is their last win.  Good season eith er way for Ryan.  I'd take him over Lovie Smith!

That same talk was said about both the Cowboys and the Chargers, yet here we are with the Jets.  :lol:

If nothing else, there's gonna be a lot of talk about how sitting Manning allowed the Jet's to be here and now. It's gonna make for some good ESPN conversation.  :o

Cheers,
Robin

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #12 on: 18 Jan 2010, 01:35 am »
Between Marty Schottenheimer and Norv Turner the Chargers have put together the greatest choke resume in playoff history but they sure can win the ones that don't matter.

Actually, if memory serves me, the tradition goes all the way back to Don Coryell.

Bigfish

« Reply #13 on: 18 Jan 2010, 01:40 am »
I would not be surprised if Bill Cowher gets a call to see if he would be interested in the Cowboys or Chargers Head Coaching Positions?  I think at least one of these teams will replace their head coach after today's losses. 

Ken

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #14 on: 18 Jan 2010, 01:48 am »
Norv has been on and off of thin ice many times in the last few seasons. I'm guessing he is done. Wade must have some dirt on Jerry Jones or one of his boys.What else explains his survival in big D? Jerry Jones is known to be impatient and insincere, and he can't blame this year's collapse on T.O.

mcullinan

« Reply #15 on: 18 Jan 2010, 01:53 am »
Jets Are the GOLDEN GODS!!! Now you may call me sir!

What an incredible game!!!!!! My nails are all bitten off! lol.
Cant wait to see what they do next week!
Mike

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #16 on: 18 Jan 2010, 01:56 am »
I would not be surprised if Bill Cowher gets a call to see if he would be interested in the Cowboys or Chargers Head Coaching Positions?  I think at least one of these teams will replace their head coach after today's losses. 

Ken

Hopefully Jon Gruden gets a call from one of these teams. Seriously. Anything to get him out of the announcer's booth!  :lol:

As for Norv; geeze, he sucks so bad the Raiders fired him.  :rotflmao:

Have fun,
Jerry

hmen

« Reply #17 on: 18 Jan 2010, 01:58 am »
It would be very ironic if the Jets knock out the Colts after the Colts layed down so the Jets could get into the playoffs. The Jets have definitely grown up as a team over the past few weeks and have a legitimate chance next week.

hmen

« Reply #18 on: 18 Jan 2010, 02:02 am »
Of the four games this weekend, I thought this was the least likely to be close. Wrong again!

You weren't the only one that was wrong about this. Everybody thought Cowboys-Vikings and Ravens-Colts would be slugfests but they were both over early.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #19 on: 18 Jan 2010, 02:06 am »
The Jets went for the first down in the end rather than a field goal attempt.  Like the announcers, I thought that showed brass ones.  Rex Ryan has brought that team to the next level and his QB, too.  They played tough and hung tough.  Damn good win.  Very impressive.

Dallas tried a field goal when a yard was all they needed to keep that drive alive.  I bet Jerry Jones is stewing over that decision.  Dallas needed to establish momentum for obvious reasons and had they have been successful on that drive, they would have had put some doubt into the opposition to include the fans.  Just the opposite happened.  Somebody wadn't thinking very far ahead.  It was worth the risk.  It would have given them some mortar.   Great game by the Viking defense and their quarterback.  Looked like man vs. boy out there.  Damn good win.  Very Impressive.