carnegie acoustics cst 1

rdkusher

carnegie acoustics cst 1
« on: 20 May 2019, 01:19 pm »
hi folks i have a pair of cst-1's for sale.they are in excellent confition and i had danny line them with norez before shipping them to me.i am looking to get about 600 plus shipping.let me know if anyone is interested.

Danny Richie

Re: carnegie acoustics cst 1
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2019, 01:50 pm »
For those of you that don't know, they're a pair of these: http://gr-research.com/cst-1.aspx

And that is a great deal.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2019, 06:15 pm »
And that is a great deal.

Sorry, but that’s more than just a great deal. Having had a pair in the house for about a year that is an insane mind boggling, are you serious, can this be happening, rare once in a life time deal! If only I had room for a second system.

Whoever scoops these for $600 will be thrilled, over the moon. Even at $900, there isn’t / wasn’t anything remotely close that can touch them.

cewill99

« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2019, 07:48 pm »
hi folks i have a pair of cst-1's for sale.they are in excellent confition and i had danny line them with norez before shipping them to me.i am looking to get about 600 plus shipping.let me know if anyone is interested.

How much would it cost to ship these? I live in Fort Worth TX area. 76082

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2019, 08:25 pm »
Sorry, but that’s more than just a great deal. Having had a pair in the house for about a year that is an insane mind boggling, are you serious, can this be happening, rare once in a life time deal! If only I had room for a second system.

Whoever scoops these for $600 will be thrilled, over the moon. Even at $900, there isn’t / wasn’t anything remotely close that can touch them.

I agree.

rdkusher

« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2019, 08:59 pm »
i just checked fedex and they quoted 276.10 for the pair.230.10 base rate a 40 dollar additional handling charge because of the weight and 6 dollars for the insurance.let me know if you have any more questions.

rdkusher

« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2019, 10:07 pm »
the speakers are SOLD.thanks danny for letting me post this here.

charmerci

« Reply #7 on: 21 May 2019, 01:13 am »

Meh - you're a measly 130 miles from Danny. Pick up one of his remaining pairs!

Danny Richie

« Reply #8 on: 21 May 2019, 02:23 am »
Buy a pair on site and pay zero shipping.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #9 on: 21 May 2019, 05:04 am »
Congratulations to the buyer! Anything in the way of a meaningful upgrade from here is going to cost you more than a few thousand dollars. These speakers sound very natural and uncoloured. They are exceptionally accurate, detailed and easy to drive. They also happen to look very nice too.  :thumb:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #10 on: 21 May 2019, 07:18 am »
Danny,

Now that rdkusher's speakers have sold, is the $899 price on your website shipping to CONUS included, or is it $899 plus shipping?

Michael

Wind Chaser

« Reply #11 on: 21 May 2019, 01:37 pm »

Danny Richie

« Reply #12 on: 21 May 2019, 02:06 pm »
Danny,

Now that rdkusher's speakers have sold, is the $899 price on your website shipping to CONUS included, or is it $899 plus shipping?

Michael

I'm basically liquidating these for Carnegie Acoustics. I make very little on a pair. If I through in free shipping I'll be going in the hole.

cewill99

« Reply #13 on: 21 May 2019, 03:29 pm »

Meh - you're a measly 130 miles from Danny. Pick up one of his remaining pairs!

I did buy these from rdkusher, I was planing to drive to Danny's shop and pick up a pair, But this pair at 600 plus shipping already had the sound deadening done to it. This was the cheaper option and I did't have the time to drive up to Danny's for the next couple of months.

mresseguie

« Reply #14 on: 21 May 2019, 05:33 pm »
Thanks, Danny.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #15 on: 21 May 2019, 07:50 pm »
Nobody ships 150 lbs anywhere for free.

These speakers can compete with anything at twice their original MSRP. One reviewer wrote, “Compared to the $7000 loudspeakers I heard recently, the CSTs are a solid bargain.” Another reviewer wrote, “The Contemporary CST-1 is one of the finest loudspeakers I’ve ever heard. That it can be had for a paltry $1999/pair is a miracle.”

mresseguie

« Reply #16 on: 22 May 2019, 02:35 am »
Nobody ships 150 lbs anywhere for free.

These speakers can compete with anything at twice their original MSRP. One reviewer wrote, “Compared to the $7000 loudspeakers I heard recently, the CSTs are a solid bargain.” Another reviewer wrote, “The Contemporary CST-1 is one of the finest loudspeakers I’ve ever heard. That it can be had for a paltry $1999/pair is a miracle.”

Hi, John.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but there are two major obstacles preventing my ordering them. The first is these would be a gift for my son. Unfortunately, he is not in a position to enjoy them for another two to three years due to his current situation and near-term future plans. The other obstacle is that Melody would have a shit fit if I bought yet another pair of speakers - at least until I sell a pair or two.

I am an interested person, but not a buyer because of the above issues. Oh, and there are plenty of speaker manufacturers who include the shipping costs in their retail prices. I just wanted to be sure I understood Danny's pricing structure.  :)

Wind Chaser

« Reply #17 on: 23 May 2019, 04:55 am »
...these would be a gift for my son.

Well that makes you one terrific dad!  :thumb:

asliarun

« Reply #18 on: 23 May 2019, 02:18 pm »
I've been a very happy CST-1 owner for several years now. I agree 100% that they punch far above their weight class. Glad to see the speakers found a good home so soon. The price was a red hot deal as well.

tomlinmgt

« Reply #19 on: 14 Jun 2019, 04:46 am »

Did you get these?  I’m in Mansfield and would very much like to hear them.