Saying hello and asking which speaker???

winston1156

Re: Saying hello and asking which speaker???
« Reply #40 on: 21 Dec 2010, 07:54 pm »
Sure, I can put a drawing together.   The five foot distance (squeezed to six) results from a door opening into the room (mandating 3 foot clearance).  I think six and a half feet would be the absolute positive max (basically leaves 3 feet on one side (door) and two feet off the other.   

funkmonkey

« Reply #41 on: 21 Dec 2010, 09:49 pm »
not sure if it would help, but consider reversing the swing of the door or removing it entirely...  just a thought that might buy you some more flexibility.

Cheers

winston1156

« Reply #42 on: 21 Dec 2010, 10:01 pm »
Can't remove the door but could reverse it and thereby gain about a foot. 

I have to be honest...... I am more confident that the space apart will not be a problem.  Maybe I am just less sensitive to this?? The person in the room next door has fantastic musical hearing and he also does not notice a problem...... 

I remain hopeful.   I'm guessing that the 'imaging' may be a little less than optimal but if I get the dynamics and so forth right, well that just might do it.

winston1156

« Reply #43 on: 27 Dec 2010, 08:00 pm »

Not the best picture but the dimensions are pretty good.

winston1156

« Reply #44 on: 9 Mar 2011, 09:21 pm »
Based on a lot of further research, I thiink my new plan will be to replace the b+w's with new monitors and add subs to the mix.    Thanks for all the help folks!