Qinpu A-6000 Mk II

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
Qinpu A-6000 Mk II
« on: 9 May 2011, 02:59 pm »
Hi all,

Did the mandatory forum search, but couldn't find anything about this inexpensive ($200) Qinpu amp http://head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=62. My brother bought one based on the 6moons review http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/qinpu2/system.html for his desktop, stuck it in the main rig....and has been telling me they come close to his $6k PrimaLuna's (driving Zingali HM112's). Color me skeptical  :wink:.
Anyone here use these things in their main rig...or have even ever heard of them?
Thanks.

cheers,

AJ

JohnR

Re: Qinpu A-6000 Mk II
« Reply #1 on: 9 May 2011, 03:13 pm »
I haven't heard of the item before.

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #2 on: 9 May 2011, 03:38 pm »
Me neither until he told me. Don't follow 6moons...and doubt I would have remembered, or thought it noteworthy, if I had read it previously :D.
Just thought I'd ask here, given the price.

cheers,

AJ

JohnR

« Reply #3 on: 9 May 2011, 03:55 pm »
Given other threads, I'd steer clear of it.

Ericus Rex

« Reply #4 on: 9 May 2011, 03:59 pm »
I haven't heard that model, but I have heard two other SS Qinpu integrated amps.  I thought they were very good sounding for the dough.  There are reviews of the other models but I can't remember model numbers at present.  Google them.

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #5 on: 9 May 2011, 05:18 pm »
Given other threads, I'd steer clear of it.

I must really be missing something here John. My search http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=search2 results here were pretty much all positive. There were some raves on AA of other models. Google isn't showing anything negative that I can find (??).
The measurements from AH of what appears to be a clone, show spectral plots looking a lot like a tube amp (and positive subjective impressions), but with high output impedance, so it won't EQ the load. Plus it's fairly wideband (out to 80k!)...not too shabby for the $$.
Perhaps you could link what I'm missing? TIA.

cheers,

AJ

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #6 on: 9 May 2011, 05:22 pm »
I haven't heard that model, but I have heard two other SS Qinpu integrated amps.  I thought they were very good sounding for the dough.  There are reviews of the other models but I can't remember model numbers at present.  Google them.
Thanks. Google results seem fairly positive for their amps. Only found the 6moons article for this particular one. Hey it's 200 bucks... :).

cheers,

AJ

Ericus Rex