one box or mini system for GF ??

2bigears

one box or mini system for GF ??
« on: 3 Mar 2016, 10:32 pm »
 :D :D  HI ALL.   is that BOSE one box a real pos or can you get a super small system with just as good fake sound as that.
        thanks for any help. 
            Pascal    :D :D

srb

Re: one box or mini system for GF ??
« Reply #1 on: 3 Mar 2016, 10:58 pm »
I wouldn't say the Bose is a POS, but you can almost always get better sound for the money.

I know this is C&C, but that includes an entire system up to $1K

1.  What is your desired budget?

2.  What form factor do you prefer?
(a)  one box with both speakers in the box
(b)  two box - mini/micro system with electronics and one speaker in one box + a separate 2nd speaker
(c)  three box - mini/micro system with electronics box + two small speakers

3.  What features do you want / need?
(a)  CD player
(b)  AM/FM OTA tuner
(c)  Play digital files from USB drive
(d)  Internet Radio
(e)  Bluetooth
(f)  Airplay

Steve

Folsom

« Reply #2 on: 3 Mar 2016, 11:11 pm »
Sonos > Bose

Doublej

« Reply #3 on: 4 Mar 2016, 01:45 am »
How about one that could be both?

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/hifi-systems/mcr-b043/?mode=model

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/hifi-systems/mcr-b020/?mode=model

I am not sure if they will sound better or worse to you than Bose. That would be based on what you value in sound reproduction.

Scott_W

« Reply #5 on: 4 Mar 2016, 05:06 am »
Bought my gf a Sonos and she's smitten. She's a yoga teacher and brings it to her classes as well.

2bigears

« Reply #6 on: 4 Mar 2016, 10:28 am »
 :D  thanks guys ,,, those little Yammies look ok.  She is looking for small size 1 box and good sound and simplicity. she is looking at bose because of course someone she knows bought one .
           i'll look up Sono,,,,  are they just wireless speakers ??    thanks    :D :D       Bose aren't really cheap ,, 1000 bucks i think ??    :D

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #7 on: 4 Mar 2016, 01:54 pm »
Sonos is primarily a multi-system music serving system, offering multiple products from servers, to server/amps, to speakers, to all in ones.  Ease and flexibility is their niche.  BlueSound (fathered by NAD) is a late comer with similar offerings at lower prices but higher quality.

I enjoy my $100 Logitech UE Smart Radio.  It's basically a wireless clock radio with a 6 hour battery built in.  Has 12,000 streaming sources built-in and can access any music stored on computers connected to your wireless network.  It's small, has pleasant monophonic (woofer/tweeter) sound that makes for great background listening.  Meant to stay within range of your wireless network.

(No point in trying to do stereo with a 15 inch spread.)

charmerci

« Reply #8 on: 4 Mar 2016, 10:28 pm »
There's lots of choices - http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/category/executivesystem/home-audio/receivers-amps/desktop-systems/1.html

Yeah - go with one of those. You/she'll save a  ton of money over bose and will be perfectly happy.