HT-1 on a'gon

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system

bigjppop

Re: HT-1 on a'gon
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2010, 03:25 am »
You know, I am constantly shocked at the Salk Speakers that come up on A'gon for sale.  First of all, they almost never come up for sale.  Second, they sell FAST.  Third, used price at only 10-15% below new???  Is this shocking to anyone else? 

I keep telling myself I should try and pick up some Salks used because I really hate buying new gear but my plan doesn't seem to be working out.

Shocked I tell you, but in a good way :)  The guy (or gal) selling these will probably sell them in a day or two for full asking price (I've ever heard rumors of people paying MORE than asking price).

jsalk

« Reply #2 on: 20 Feb 2010, 03:34 pm »
Two comments...

The original build included $150 for the premium veener.  So these were actually $2445 new.

In addition, the order originally included a matching Veracity HTC center channel.  That portion of the order was canceled shortly before the cabinets were finished.  So we just happen to have a matching center channel cabinet ready to go.  It is a perfect match since they were all built at the same time.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2010, 06:10 pm by jsalk »

Vulcan00

• SEM Micrograph of Dendritic Structure
« Reply #3 on: 20 Feb 2010, 04:12 pm »
+ 10 on the Veracity HTC center. I have one outstanding speaker delievering acurate, full, center channel dialogue and music in my system.   :D

Mudslide

« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2010, 03:55 am »
Two comments...

The original build included $150 for the premium veener.  So these were actually $2445 new.

In addition, the order originally included a matching Veracity HTC center channel.  That portion of the order was canceled shortly before the cabinets were finished.  So we just happen to have a matching center channel cabinet ready to go.  It is a perfect match since they were all built at the same time.

- Jim

Jim, is the HTC also front-ported?

MukAudio

« Reply #5 on: 21 Feb 2010, 05:46 am »
heh, was wondering when you folks would notice this set.   :)  It actually appeared first on AVS.  Been trying to decide if I want to take a stab at them.  It looks like a beautiful finish.

Mark.

ctviggen

« Reply #6 on: 21 Feb 2010, 11:54 am »
If I could afford to buy these, I'd buy them for surround duties.  They wouldn't match the wood on my HT3s and HTC, but to me it wouldn't matter, especially since I'd hang them on the wall anyway. I already bought some cheap dipoles/bipoles:

http://www.emotiva.com/erd1.shtm

But I bought these for $250/pair with free shipping and bought two pairs.  Building a 7.x system gets quite expensive when speakers of the caliber of Salks.  My original plan was a complete surround system of Salks, but the wife wouldn't go for it, and I have a hard time convincing her that it's necessary, when I've never had surrounds that match the front three speakers and haven't been able to tell they didn't match (but I'm not a surround music listener, preferring two channel). 

jsalk

« Reply #7 on: 21 Feb 2010, 05:36 pm »
Jim, is the HTC also front-ported?

No, it is not. It is sealed.

- Jim