FREE - The Audio Optimization Guide For Apple OS X - Snow Leopard

ultrafi

For those of you that might be interested, I just put the information that I've generally shared with DAC customers and that I call "The Audio Optimization Guide For Apple OS X - Snow Leopard" on the Ultra Fi website.  It may be found in the links section under FREE!!

Enjoy,
Larry

Larry D. Moore
Ultra Fi
www.ultrafi.biz

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Very nice to have it in one place. 

I really should have one of my code guys write a simple script that will do it all in one shot and make it available to everyone.  So many things...

ultrafi

jwtrace,

That was partly my thinking too.  Nice to have it one place for reference.

LDM

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Larry, I assume there is a typo on Page 9, and that, under turning off infrared receiver, you mean to say "check the box" that says "disable infrared..." rather than "uncheck the box"

Anyway, thanks for this.  It's nice to have.

gooberdude

Seems like the noise floor drops, imaging improves.  Thank you for posting this Larry.

How do I switch back to 32 bit mode, after trying 64 bit mode?  Just press '3' & '2' at start-up?

morganc

Seems like the noise floor drops, imaging improves.  Thank you for posting this Larry.

How do I switch back to 32 bit mode, after trying 64 bit mode?  Just press '3' & '2' at start-up?

Just re-start and the default is 32 bit I do believe.  Nothing else required. 

gooberdude

Thx!

Going to 64 bit is better.  Soundstage is a bit deeper.

rab1234

I can't get my MacBook Air (2011 version right before the backlit keyboard) 10.6.8 (snow leopard) to show 64 in the main info location. It shows under each individually named processers / functions though?

rab1234

Any guides like this for using multipule software (Amadeus, VLC, Pure Music / iTunes) to maintain cover art?

brother love

This is awesome info!  Thanks Larry!

Johnny2Bad

There seems to be an issue with the link on the main page; it is not recognized as a URL or link in Safari, at least.
Clicking on any other link (eg: under Components, Cables, Accessories or Contact) brings you to another page where the "FREE" header in the sidebar has a working link to the download.

ultrafi

Broken link fixed.  Thanks!

LDM

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
I have an early 2009 mini. It seemed capable of running 64 bit after I checked out some information here:

http://blog.leanopen.com/tag/boot64-efi/

(Making the changes indicated here seems to overright some of the Ultrafi changes. I had to go back and repeat the procedure for hiding the Finder menu.)

When I check the About detail, it continues to show that the 64 bit kernal is not active. But if I look at the Activity Monitor, the Kind column is all Intel (64 bit). So I'm not sure if 64 bit is working or not.

Update:

I did some further reading online, and it seems that the mini is now running in 64 bit mode since that is what is indicated on the Activity Monitor.

« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2011, 04:27 pm by Atlplasma »

Gopher

Is this guide still around?  I just got a macmini and would love to get her audio ready.

BCRich1

Sending you the PDF File......Mike

bside123

Sending you the PDF File......Mike

Is this file openly available to all? I couldn't find it on the current website.

BCRich1

Don't know why it is no longer on his web-site.  I went to look for it and saw it was not there either and said to myself let me see if I have a copy saved and I do.

bside123

Don't know why it is no longer on his web-site.  I went to look for it and saw it was not there either and said to myself let me see if I have a copy saved and I do.

BCRich1: If it's not too much trouble, while you're sending Gopher a copy, would you cc me as well? Many thanks.

rdr2go

BCRich1: If it's not too much trouble, while you're sending Gopher a copy, would you cc me as well? Many thanks.
Can I get a copy, too. Pretty Please!  :icon_lol:
Reed

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
I have an older copy if anyone wants to PM me.
« Last Edit: 7 Aug 2012, 02:09 am by ted_b »