What's Going on at ModWright!

modwright

What's Going on at ModWright!
« on: 24 Jan 2010, 01:10 am »
Hi guys, I have been extremely busy and my posts here have been infrequent lately.

First of all, the KWA 100 will be shipping the first part of Feb.  We are a bit late here, but it HAS to be right.  It is a lower priced and lighter weight amp, based upon our KWA 150 design.

We are scheduling Oppo mods into March at this point and interest in this mod grows.  I am VERY pleased with the sound that we are able to produce from such a versatile Universal Player!

Work on the Sony XA5400ES is slow but will be completed.

Sales of KWA 150 amp and LS 36.5 preamps is strong!

I am taking a strong interest in the subject of headphone amps.  We may offer mods for the Woo products as well as consider the design of our own headphone amp.  I am also considering adding headphone outs to our preamps as a future option.

We continue to also modify a steady stream of Slim Devices Transporters.  We have changed the modification circuit board to include Octal adaptors and we are shipping with 6SN7 driver tubes stock, thanks to the feedback from so many Transporter owners and their feedback.

PLEASE NOTE:  It is not cost-effective to upgrade existing Transporters with 9-pin tube sockets to Octal sockets, as it would require a complete replacement of the mod board, which would cost nearly as much as the original mod.  Adapters are the way to go for units with 9-pin sockets, if you want to use octal tubes such as the 6SN7.

That is all the news that is for now.

Thanks,

Dan W.

Syrah

Re: What's Going on at ModWright!
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2010, 04:21 am »
Thanks Dan.  I doesn't sound like you're too interested in adding anything else to your plate.  But if you are, my vote is to mod one of the many new DACs on the market that are getting such rave reviews.  It's a shame that the 5400 doesn't simply have a digital/USB in plug.  One mod would then fit all.

funkmonkey

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2010, 09:48 am »
Thanks for the update, Dan.  I, for one, am looking forward to some kind of headphone option from Modwright Instruments.  Glad to hear your amp sales continue to be strong.

Cheers,
Greg

schw06

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2010, 01:30 pm »
Dan,
   When can we expect to see your latest preamp creation? Can you give us a preview?
David