A few build questions

HT cOz

A few build questions
« on: 13 Dec 2010, 05:07 pm »
Ok so these are total noob and probably the dumbest questions ever, but I will ask anyway  :green:

The woofer and tweeter boards both connect to the binding post.  Is it ok to do this with one wire that splits into two like this Y (bottom of Y on the binding post the tops of the Y to tweet and woof boards)?

The foil inductors have an inside and outside lead, I assume that it doesn't matter if you use the inside or outside?  They aren't directional right?

I will have more stupid questions...

Thanks in advance,
Robert

Danny Richie

Re: A few build questions
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2010, 06:04 pm »
The woofer and tweeter boards both connect to the binding post.  Is it ok to do this with one wire that splits into two like this Y (bottom of Y on the binding post the tops of the Y to tweet and woof boards)?

No problem.

The foil inductors have an inside and outside lead, I assume that it doesn't matter if you use the inside or outside?  They aren't directional right?

They are not directional, but run them both the same direction for each crossover.

HT cOz

Re: A few build questions
« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2010, 02:59 am »
No problem.

They are not directional, but run them both the same direction for each crossover.

A picture is worth a thousand words,,, Is this ok.  I am pointing to the red+ lead from the +terminal and it is connected to the woof and tweet circuit using the outside foil.  Correct?

by the way, I really like this solid core wire.  It makes it so easy to wire up! :thumb:

How does this look for network placement?

« Last Edit: 14 Dec 2010, 05:07 am by HT cOz »