A370peq Sealed Version Amplifier.

Rikard Ekval

A370peq Sealed Version Amplifier.
« on: 3 Jan 2023, 10:41 am »
Hi everyone.

Got one sealed sub with A370peq and a pair of XLS Encores.
For 2.1 stereo use.
Also a inline filter that cross over at 78Hz. Thanks Hobbs, for the calculation.

The sub is placed behind the tv, in the middle of the speakers, 2 feet behind,  so I have a bit trouble to reach the controls on the amp.
Can anyone in the group help me with some standard settings, so I can leave the amp at its place?

Not using the PEQ, yet, because lack of instructions.

General settings on the crossover knob, when I have the infilter. What value do you recommend?
Any thoughts on the Low Pass Slope Setting?
Phase?

Does anyone have a guide or link to a guide for the PEQ settings, not the standard versions that comes with the amp?

Danny did a good video about dialling in the amp, but that were more for dual OB users and with measurement mics.
Something I don’t have or use.

Rikard

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: A370peq Sealed Version Amplifier.
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2023, 04:49 pm »
The PEQ function is only really used to eliminate a single large peak, (caused by a room mode) be it a wide-band peak, or a very narrow-band peak.
In order to make use of the PEQ function, you really need to have a microphone at your listening position to measure the sub's frequencies from 20Hz to the crossover point, (roughly 55Hz in your case) and then use the PEQ function to to bring down the largest peak. (It cannot be used to bring up dips caused by the room)
Without equipment, it's best to leave it disabled. (REW,(free) a Dayton iMM-6 with (~$25) a cheap microphone stand and 3' headphone extension cord is the cheapest gear and works well.)

As for basic sub set up, without measurement gear, leave phase at 0 and set the roll off to ~55-60Hz, then slowly adjust the volume until the subwoofer starts to become noticeable, (louder than the speaker) then turn it back down to where it no longer stands out. After that, turn the phase to 180. If it sounds identical, set the phase to 90, otherwise, just set it to which ever phase that sounds best from your listening position.

Rikard Ekval

Re: A370peq Sealed Version Amplifier.
« Reply #2 on: 3 Jan 2023, 05:54 pm »
Hobbs. Thanks, your the man.!

Some I knew, but the rest will I try with in near future.