A/V-1RS in dining room

cody69

A/V-1RS in dining room
« on: 28 Nov 2011, 01:13 am »
Not too long ago hotjt133 posted praise for his new AV-1RSs and suggested their use beyond HT rear/surrounds and using them for ambient music. See post  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=99337.0. I'm interested in bringing music into my dining room, which looks quite similar in layout and size to the picture posted in the thread.

Since its a dining room, there isn't a place for traditional speakers... and they'd look way out of place as well. But the A/V-1RS, with its ability to be installed up high on the wall would be fine and could be built to fit in with the rest of the decor in the room.

Appreciate thoughts from others on the suitability of the A/V-1RS in this application... essentially filling the room with light, ambient background music?

Danny Richie

Re: A/V-1RS in dining room
« Reply #1 on: 28 Nov 2011, 01:37 am »
Sounds like a good plan and the A/V-1RS will work great for that application.

cody69

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2012, 05:40 am »
I ordered the A/V-1RS kit from Danny just before the holidays and got busy in the shop to get the speakers built in time to enjoy them for the holidays.
I've wanted to build these speakers for quite some time. For my application of providing music in the dining room, I think they're great.
Fortunately I got them completed just in time to enjoy playing holiday music and especially during holiday feasts at the house.

These are a pretty simple build and went together quickly. I had a couple of pieces of quartersawn ash left over from the dining room furniture which I used to veneer the speakers,
so they match the rest of the furniture in the room really well.

jeffh

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2012, 12:57 pm »
Very nice.  The veneer looks great.

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jan 2012, 03:45 pm »
Awesome look.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jan 2012, 04:40 pm »