Speaker demo near S. Oregon?

Ern Dog

Speaker demo near S. Oregon?
« on: 19 Oct 2014, 02:11 am »
I'm going to be in the market to upgrade my Tyler Acoustic speakers and I'm considering the Ulysses.  I would be driving them with Coincident Dragon tube mono blocks 75 wpc.  I'm not ready to buy immediately and wanted to listen to them first.  I live in Southern Oregon- would anybody be willing to let me listen to their set up that lives close by?  And even other models would be great to hear as well, since they all have a similar tone.

Thanks,
Ernie

jonbee

Re: Speaker demo near S. Oregon?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2014, 02:31 pm »
Come on up to downtown Seattle and you can hear my DA-RMA v2. I might be able to set you up with a place to stay overnight, too.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2014, 05:08 pm »
I am just a few miles north of Eugene and have a set of Pan's.  They can give you a idea of what to expect.   You would also only be a few hours from Lou's shop.   Drop me a PM and give Lou a call.

Ern Dog

« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2014, 11:20 pm »
Thanks for the offer guys.  Eugene is an easier drive than Seatle.  Alan, I'll contact you soon as I can plan a trip up north.  I'd probably like to bring my tube amps to hear how  they sound with your pans.

aldcoll

« Reply #4 on: 19 Oct 2014, 11:31 pm »
On the up side I am retired so a time for a play date is open. You are welcome to bring any thing and stay the day or what ever is  needed.  I look forward the visit.

Ern Dog

« Reply #5 on: 20 Oct 2014, 04:45 am »
Besides your NAD amp, what are using for a source and preamp?

aldcoll

« Reply #6 on: 20 Oct 2014, 05:04 am »
The NAD 7400 integrated @160 watts A/B.  Radio shack interconnects,squeeze box into a zdac v2 and a pioneer cd.

I do have Boulder/Daedalus speaker cables.   I am a work in progress and wifley budget. 
Or the audio equivalent of.  Champagne taste on a water budget.

aldcoll

Re: Speaker demo near S. Oregon? or HELP A BROTHER OUT!!!!
« Reply #7 on: 20 Oct 2014, 09:58 pm »
Maybe we need to Re post this "Speaker Demo" under a whole new thread.  I believe it should be called "Help A Brother Out".
As I am new to this Audio thing as far as the high end of the equipment I simply started out wanting the "Best Sound"  I could afford.   I was very Lucky to have lusted after the Daedalus Speakers for no more then the ascetic beauty at first and then many long phone calls with Lou. 

At the time I was ready to listen to them Lou was working on the Pan and it had a Introductory Price.   And this is where we come to the HELP A BROTHER OUT. 

I received / encountered less of a struggle from the wife as I was buying "ON SALE"!   And then I have to explain as this was a venture that doesn't have coupons or rebates.

I can buy Used But no Warranty for her to track or UPC to scan and turn in. :? :duh:

So the real HELP A BROTHER OUT is when she will get to hear the 30 year NAD versus  Some nice TUBES or anything different. 

So you will get to hear the Pans or Lou's entry Model in a Modest clean delightful home  I will possibly be able to charm my way to bettering what I have started. 

Not all of us get to remodel based on a speaker  :duh: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=125190.0

And besides gas just dropped under $3.00

Champagne Taste on a Water Budget

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #8 on: 20 Oct 2014, 10:18 pm »
Howdy, Ern and Alan.

I thought Alan might chime in for this. If it works out, I can show up for this shin dig. I could bring any of my equipment along if it's helpful. I have a newly purchased AVA 400R amp, an AVA T8 preamp, and a P.I. Audio UberBUSS that might prove interesting.

Michael

aldcoll

Re: Speaker demo near S. Oregon? Help A Brother OUT
« Reply #9 on: 20 Oct 2014, 10:40 pm »
IF something like this were to happen I am willing to host a day of Pan plug and play.

I have a 16 by 16 front room as most of us use. 

Light refreshments as a study is also being done on "Sonic Vibrations and Hops"!!!

I am still waiting for the release date of this years  batch.  http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/brew/the-abyss

Can I have a AMEN please :thumb:

mresseguie

« Reply #10 on: 21 Oct 2014, 12:46 am »
I'll see your Amen and raise it with a Hot Damn!

Ern Dog

« Reply #11 on: 21 Oct 2014, 01:00 am »
Wow!  I've always been interested in hearing AVA gear and the Uberbuss too!  I love a good beer!  This is sounding better and better.  I'll be there tomorrow.... Just kidding.  I'm working 40 hrs/week and my days off are Sat and Sun, so a Sat would work best.

I'm also part of an audiophile group that meets regularly in Ashland.  Can I invite an audiophile friend?  He has Black Shadow 845 SET mono blocks that sound like Heaven.  He might be willing to bring them.

aldcoll

« Reply #12 on: 21 Oct 2014, 01:07 am »
You are more the welcome to bring a friend.  I first must state the next two weekends will be for a garage sale for the parents (not even a crappy boom box). 

Outside of that my weekends are open.

Question, how many Brew Pubs between us?????????
Won't even count the grape folks......

mresseguie

« Reply #13 on: 21 Oct 2014, 01:16 am »
This Black Shadow?

http://www.trueaudiophile.com/audion-black-shadow-2-mkii-845-hard-wired-mono-blocks/

Didn't know about them till now. Holy cow!

aldcoll

« Reply #14 on: 21 Oct 2014, 01:56 am »
Note to self:  Call Insurance Company and check temporary coverage.

Smoking Hot  I must say I am getting Jiggy and I also might upgrade the menu from Hot Dogs to Long Lovingly cooked Pork over wood.  I guess I should check Ern you say you are from Ashland, is that different from the State Of Jefferson???  And did you know a person that rode a bike in town until the Cops asked you to cover them self?   :scratch:  (Oregon Humor for those on the right coast or south I-5)

I also understand that Lou has family south of me that he needs to Visit?   What about it uncle Lou?  I am sure you are hard pressed to get the work out.   :icon_lol:

Ern Dog

« Reply #15 on: 21 Oct 2014, 02:18 am »
Those are the ones.

Omg, I'm rolling over laughing!

aldcoll

« Reply #16 on: 21 Oct 2014, 02:21 am »
And I have only seven years residence in this state.  Oregon that is.   Jefferson is a state of mind or at least that is what the show on OPB had me thinking last week. :thumb:

Ern Dog

« Reply #17 on: 21 Oct 2014, 02:49 am »
Ok, I just checked with Black Shadow man and he is ready to come too!  With Michael's AVA 400R and the Black Shadows, I think I'll just leave my Dragons at home.  Instead I could bring my Salk stream player for a source.  It is controlled with my iPad- all I would need is a wifi router to plug it into your network.  I have an Apple router, but it would only work if you also have an Apple router as a base?

aldcoll

« Reply #18 on: 21 Oct 2014, 03:00 am »
WIFI is in the house Wifey is also now but she might go to a movie some weekend.  As I noted previously the next two weekends are booked.  My booking agent came home and set me updated me.

I am working on some interconnects for the weekend.  Along with mresseguie who is twenty minutes away and a few of his toys I think we can make a day of it.

I am open to anything and have already asked if I can move the furniture.  I was told that I have to vacuum the new newly reveled area and I was just giddy as that is when the music is working at it's best.

I will be glad to simmer something as long as nobody has a special diet.

Ern Dog

« Reply #19 on: 21 Oct 2014, 03:44 am »
How does Sat, Nov. 15th sound?

Nope, no special diets for us.