Loving the Tempest

barvindh

picture of tempest
« Reply #20 on: 13 May 2003, 05:06 pm »
WHen you move from the integrated unit .. (harman kardon) u will see awesome improvement in clarity and soundstage.  If you have a really musical cd player all fatigue will also go away. at least that was my experinece with rotel when replaced by tempest.  the tempest breaks in over a good 8 week period and very gradually too. [/img]

subhuman

Loving the Tempest
« Reply #21 on: 16 May 2003, 03:48 pm »
Well my 'emergency' tempest arrived; my silver tempest with dual preouts should arrive in a few weeks.  This thing sounds sooooo smooth!  Never before have harmonicas actually well, sounded like a harmonica before, violins, you can hear the bow across the strings - before, both these sounds were very synthesizer-like.  The soundstage is much wider - more realistic - and there is better integration of the lower mids and base.  A lot more power.  Of course, this is the first preamp I've really had, before this, I had the Onix A120 and the HK and a Sony surround thing.  

A few questions to longer time owners.. how much did you notice the tempest change over time?  It sounds so good right now, I hope it doesn't deviate too much from this lush, smooooooooooth sound... very addicting...

TheeeChosenOne

Tempest with HT?
« Reply #22 on: 29 Jun 2003, 04:49 pm »
Can I ask about ideas integrating the Tempest  into a HT system?

How does the Tempest sonically compare to highly regarded pre/pros from Fosgate, Anthem, Aragon, Proceeed, Sunfire, Parasound, Krell in 2 channel (apples to apples)?........

I'm wondering what difference there is with my Denon 5800?  Any wisdom here is appreciated as I'm thinking of selling the Denon for a better front system for HT/music.