BDP-1/2 Recommended Interfaces

Alpha10

Re: BDP-1 Recommended Interfaces
« Reply #160 on: 13 Aug 2011, 08:59 am »
Hi Folks

There are new versions of MPoD and MPaD available at the Apple app store.

James

Thank you James, they have done a lot of work on MPod, very good improvements, I really like he album artwork in album view.

Cheers

ecdcyc

« Reply #161 on: 17 Aug 2011, 07:37 am »
Hi James,

Last week I mailed you from Taiwan a thumbdrive containing the big file. Please take note of it.

Chihyi

Hi - never tried a file that size so not sure at this point.  Maybe send me a thumbdrive with the file loaded and we can have a look.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #162 on: 17 Aug 2011, 10:54 am »
Hi James,

Last week I mailed you from Taiwan a thumbdrive containing the big file. Please take note of it.

Chihyi

Ok thanks - will have a look when it arrives.

james

Phil

« Reply #163 on: 24 Aug 2011, 09:55 pm »
Regarding Gnome:  +1   :thumb:    Has a great search function (good for old brains); has favorites button; very, very fast; easy to navigate.  Note: only worked without the .local part of the server name (others have reported this too, although it isn't universal).

Anyone using Gnome on a Mac? 

Phil

Marius

« Reply #164 on: 25 Aug 2011, 06:29 am »
yes please, anyone? this http://gmpc.wikia.com/wiki/Installation_OsX doesn't work for me...sure would like to try.

Marius

Regarding Gnome:  +1   :thumb:   

Anyone using Gnome on a Mac? 

Phil

Vipers

« Reply #165 on: 25 Aug 2011, 05:09 pm »
I've just got round to having a good play with Gnome, amazing interface, it would be great if it could be made to work on the Ipad.

I'm sure I'm the last to notice this but I've just seen that it fetches the lyrics, brilliant idea, I saw this feature on Meridians new Sooloos app for the Ipad and was really impressed with it as a feature, great when listening to some Radiohead songs :)

Is this something maybe Bryston could implement into a future version of MAX?

ecdcyc

« Reply #166 on: 3 Sep 2011, 01:12 am »
Ok thanks - will have a look when it arrives.

james

Hi James,

Have you got the thumb drive and looked at it? I got another file (24/192k flac) that is over 2G from Linn, and BDP could not see it either.  Please help. Thanks.

Chihyi

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #167 on: 3 Sep 2011, 01:25 am »
Hi James,

Have you got the thumb drive and looked at it? I got another file (24/192k flac) that is over 2G from Linn, and BDP could not see it either.  Please help. Thanks.

Chihyi

Yes I got it thanks.  No luck yet with file sizes that big.

James

klao

« Reply #168 on: 3 Sep 2011, 04:03 pm »
I just changed my laptop PC and have already forgotten where and how to downloand and install gnome music player.   :duh:

Please, anyone can give me the step by step directions?  My laptop is running on Win7 64-bit and my browser is IE9. 

Thank you very much.

RLL1

« Reply #169 on: 3 Sep 2011, 04:15 pm »
I just changed my laptop PC and have already forgotten where and how to downloand and install gnome music player.   :duh:

Please, anyone can give me the step by step directions?  My laptop is running on Win7 64-bit and my browser is IE9. 

Thank you very much.

http://gmpclient.org/

Rick

klao

« Reply #170 on: 3 Sep 2011, 04:40 pm »
Thanks, Rick. 

Got the Gnome MPC 0.20.0 installed and running now.  Couldn't connect to BDP-1 at first due to forgetting to install Apple Bonjour as well.  Cheers.   :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #171 on: 11 Sep 2011, 09:29 pm »
Hi Folks,

I have a file that seems to make MINION work in Firefox 6.1 and the BDP-1 which I can email you.  Just drag and drop the file onto the Firefox page.

jamestanner@bryston.com

PSD

« Reply #172 on: 13 Sep 2011, 04:22 pm »
Hi, I exchanged a few e-mails with  James and I was impressed with his response time, as well as his efforts in running this forum. I promised to register, so here I am.

I've noticed from this thread that, using Gnome, individuals are occasionally unable to connect to the MDP server "bryston-bdp-1.local". Happened to me (error "12") and I came across the solution here - I put "bryston-bdp-1" (no ".local") and it all worked again, no need to use the IP address. It was working with ".local" in the past and I didn't change anything - worth a try if you get this problem.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #173 on: 13 Sep 2011, 04:25 pm »
Hi, I exchanged a few e-mails with  James and I was impressed with his response time, as well as his efforts in running this forum. I promised to register, so here I am.

I've noticed from this thread that, using Gnome, individuals are occasionally unable to connect to the MDP server "bryston-bdp-1.local". Happened to me (error "12") and I came across the solution here - I put "bryston-bdp-1" (no ".local") and it all worked again, no need to use the IP address. It was working with ".local" in the past and I didn't change anything - worth a try if you get this problem.

Thanks for the tip!!!

james

jjc1

« Reply #174 on: 13 Sep 2011, 05:21 pm »

That worked for me also after I lost the connection. I also believe it works with other interfaces. It sure beats having to enter the IP address every time it changes.

PSD

« Reply #175 on: 14 Sep 2011, 03:38 am »
Talking of other interfaces, I remembered I still had MPoD and MPad configured to use "bryston-bdp-1.local" as the server, so I tried taking off ".local" and they wouldn't connect - looks as though this behaviour is specific to Gnome (and maybe to the version I am using - Gnome Windows client 0.20.0).
This setting (without ".local") also works in Internet Explorer 9, if you are interested (I used it for "Settings", I couldn't get MAX or Mini working, but if you use "Gnome" standalone as I do you don't need it anyway).

klao

« Reply #176 on: 20 Sep 2011, 01:36 pm »
Today, the company my wife is working for just gave her an Ipad1 to use at work (and me trying to set it up as another BDP-1 remote at home).  I never really used any Mac/Apple product before.  :oops:

Already running MINI, but I wonder what are the difference between Mpod and Mpad apps?  Should I download both or just one of them?

Thanks, guys.

terrycym

« Reply #177 on: 20 Sep 2011, 02:13 pm »
Already running MINI, but I wonder what are the difference between Mpod and Mpad apps?  Should I download both or just one of them?

Thanks, guys.

Mpod is designed for iPod/iPhone size devices and Mpad is desgned for iPAD size devices. - Screen shots on their web site.
Mpod is free, you have to pay for Mpad

jjc1

« Reply #178 on: 20 Sep 2011, 04:15 pm »
Talking of other interfaces, I remembered I still had MPoD and MPad configured to use "bryston-bdp-1.local" as the server, so I tried taking off ".local" and they wouldn't connect - looks as though this behaviour is specific to Gnome (and maybe to the version I am using - Gnome Windows client 0.20.0).
This setting (without ".local") also works in Internet Explorer 9, if you are interested (I used it for "Settings", I couldn't get MAX or Mini working, but if you use "Gnome" standalone as I do you don't need it anyway).
  Last night Gnome wouldn't connect for me  using "bryston-bdp-1" and also when I added "local". Had to use the IP address.  And the beat goes on. :scratch:

Alpha10

« Reply #179 on: 29 Sep 2011, 06:22 pm »
I have an Asus Transformer at home for a few days, Bryston Max runs but I cannot scroll down the album list, tried two fingers etc no luck, anyone tried this?

MPDroid runs but I get no album art work (even though it is selected) and I do not find it as developed as Mpod on the touch. For example I cannot seem to find how you add an entire album, instead you have to select every track from the album individally into the playlist.

Anyone else tried a transforer got any tips, I like the device, just need it to work with my BDP?

Cheers