Aplication directly on an electrronic board

JohnLL

Aplication directly on an electrronic board
« on: 12 Feb 2014, 03:31 am »
OK this is a bit odd. I am messing with a Sure TPA3110 board. The board is so small the jaws of a wooden clothes pin will reach all parts of it. Right now my clothes pin is clamped on the chip and it does sound a bit better for it. I am pretty sure if I glued a bit of grungbuster to the clothes pin it it would improve. The question involves the board edges and grungbuster vs baby booties. I I hold the board when playing I can feel a very slight buzz in my finger tips. Forget how I might do it mechanically (willing to slice and dice), which do you guess might be better sonically in this application.

watercourse

Re: Aplication directly on an electrronic board
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2014, 03:38 am »
I'd be interested in this too. I have a modded DAC where the engineer placed pressure-adhesive foam pads to damp the boards.

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2014, 03:43 am »
Baby Booties would be great for the board to sit on, as little footers (w/pressure sensitive adhesive). Grungebuster would make a great interface between the chip and clothes pin jaws. Rope caulk (available at hardware stores) or Permatex Blue Silicone Gasket Maker (available at auto parts stores) applied to the clothes pin itself, and/or to the circuit board should also help tame vibrations.

Baby Booties and grungebuster Dots both have equivalent potential sonically, though sometimes one or the other will adapt best with a given situation.

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

JohnLL

« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2014, 04:09 am »
Thanks Herbie, that is a really fast reply and what I might have guessed. (but i did not have to) .JohnLL