GK-1 Layout

cmscott6

GK-1 Layout
« on: 11 Jan 2003, 02:34 am »
Just curious if others have had better luck mounting the pcb on the GK-1 from front to back (as in Darren's picture)?  Has anyone mounted it side-to-side, i.e. parallel with the front plate?  I've just about assembled the chassis in this fashion, and I'm debating whether I should shield the transformers and/or my output wires to avoid hum.  Or should I not worry about all of this until I assemble and actually have a problem?  Thanks for any suggestions!

EchiDna

GK-1 Layout
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2003, 06:26 am »
I'm at a similar point in my GK-1 and I'm planning on buying a length of steel water pipe to run the mains wires from front to back under the GK-1 board... not sure how it will work yet though!!

Malcolm Fear

GK-1 Layout
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jan 2003, 07:35 am »
I am using the standard rack mount cases from Altronics. They are not deep enough to place the board front to back. I have mounted it in a RU3 case, with the board going from left to right, valves upright.
I have mounted the stage 2 board at the back, to ensure short lead lengths from input sockets to board. I used a DACT shaft extension to get the input selector on the front panel.
Transformers are mounted each side of the GK-1 board. I require an even weight distribution, as I mount all equipment on Corian slabs, supported by inner tubes.
Photos soon (as soon as I work out this digital camera software.