BAT/Wilson Show

KeithR

BAT/Wilson Show
« Reply #20 on: 15 Mar 2005, 12:31 am »
Update:

Well, my BAT VK51SE finally shipped today (BAT moved factories so was out of commission for a week or two).  Should have it end of the week.  I've been told by the "BATmen" that I am going to be shocked compared to my 300SE integrated/preamp.  Hopefully some real jaw-dropping in the big house.

Then comes the BPT....

PhilNYC

BAT/Wilson Show
« Reply #21 on: 15 Mar 2005, 12:33 am »
Hey Keith...so what are you going to put the new amp on?  Gonna get a stand?  :wink:  :lol:

Hajime Sato

New BAT preamp
« Reply #22 on: 15 Mar 2005, 01:58 am »
Congratulations, Keith. Your system already sounded awesome at the end of the last session, so I can only imagine what improvements are possible... I look forward to hear your first impressions!

BTW, I bought the Denon DVD3910 after I heard it at your place. I use it mainly for the SACD/DVD-A capability. With regard to redbook CD performance, it is very good but I still prefer my CD player, Ah! Njoe Tjoeb.

Considering the potential of your downstream equipment, you might want to consider modding your 3910 to make it even better. There are already several alternatives like Empirical Audio, Audience and Modwright.

KeithR

BAT/Wilson Show
« Reply #23 on: 15 Mar 2005, 03:00 am »
Quote from: PhilNYC
Hey Keith...so what are you going to put the new amp on?  Gonna get a stand?  :wink:  :lol:

It's truly amazing how much bickering goes on in that forum.  Entertainment value, but annoying for sure.

Hajime-

I know digitally it isn't quite up to par, but I think I am leaning on trying one of the pro-audio DACS before spending big bucks on modding.  I just don't like the $s that these mods cost, voiding the warranty, and resale value a year from then is questionable (IMHO).  Digital to me is not the place to devote resources as it changes to much.

Now if BAT comes out with a new cdp...well....:)

KeithR

BAT/Wilson Show
« Reply #24 on: 22 Mar 2005, 04:58 am »
Well my BAT preamp finally arrived.  WOW!  This thing is simply amazing.  Talk about a reference preamplifier.  Soundstage, blackness, bass---all a significant improvement.  Vocals shined before, but honestly now its a truly different experience.  It's so different, you almost have to turn the volume down as so much clarity is there.

The integrated was great (exceptional for what used they go for) for the 6 months I had it, but now with 51SE/75SE I truly have a reference setup!

Curious to what that BPT will do now John :)  Tax day tomorrow....

Hajime Sato

BAT/Wilson Show
« Reply #25 on: 22 Mar 2005, 06:49 am »
Congratulations, Keith!

If the preamp sounds so good out of the box, I'm sure it will only get better as it warms up. I'm happy for ya.