It's time for a moving sale.

Danny Richie

It's time for a moving sale.
« on: 3 May 2016, 06:53 pm »
I have way too much stuff to move. And I need to move some of these demo speakers that I have all over the place. So I'll be posting deals on demo speakers in this thread.

Don't be afraid to make me some offers. You never know....

Danny Richie

Re: It's time for a moving sale.
« Reply #1 on: 3 May 2016, 06:56 pm »
First up is my pair of Super-7's. This was a personal pair that I kept from my work with Serenity Acoustics. These speakers are near the top of my list for best sounding speakers that I have ever heard. I intended to keep them for a long time. But I constantly have different speakers that I am working on in and out of our system here and just don't get to listen to them very often. So I need to let someone else enjoy them.

I had priced them to a few people for $15,000, but if I want to to go to a new home I need to make someone a really good deal on them. So I'll let them go for $12,900. Guys these retailed for $20,000. I built these out myself and they are a perfectly matched pair right down to every part and include Sonicap Platinum by-pass caps. And they are gorgeous.

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 3 May 2016, 06:58 pm »
Next up is a pair of Super-V's. This was a personal pair as well. I paid $3,500 for the cabinets to be made and shipped to me. I sold kits for $2,495 and the Jupiter cap upgrade that these have was another $150. I originally sold them for $6,500 at a LSAF event. I then took them back in on trade not long ago. These are great sounding speakers and a lot of fun to listen to. I'll take $3,200 for them. Read about them here: http://gr-research.com/super-v.aspx

Here are some more pics: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=73341.0

Sold
« Last Edit: 23 May 2016, 05:39 pm by Danny Richie »

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 3 May 2016, 07:14 pm »
I have a personal pair of the V-2's. The little Venuette's. These are nicely finished out with Oriental wood veneer and solid Ash sides. You can read about them here: http://gr-research.com/v-2.aspx  this is another great sounding pair of speakers loading with all the best parts including Sonicap Platinum's. I'll let this pair go for $2,100.

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 3 May 2016, 07:17 pm »
I still have David's Paradox-3's and a Paradox-1 center channel that I need to sell for him. See them listed here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=125427.msg1322476  Make an offer.

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 3 May 2016, 07:21 pm »
I still have a lot of X-Voce center channels left in stock. These are outstanding center channel speakers with an open baffle MTM center section. They have a very transparent mid-range, great dynamics, 8 ohm load, and 91db sensitivity. And they look great.

These are the finishes that I have left in stock.

Diamond Moho finish:

Here is Diamond Moho Natural.

This one is Diamond Cherry Rosa.

And here is one in Satin Moho Rosa.

Okay now here is the deal.

Any of the X-Voce speakers in any finish for $250 plus shipping

Danny Richie

« Reply #6 on: 3 May 2016, 07:28 pm »
I still have a lot of the Carnegie Acoustics CST-1 models that uses the BG Neo 3 pdr tweeter. These were based on the N3 kit using the same transmission line design but tilted back 3 degrees. All piano black finished with magnetic grills and everything... $900 a pair!  I can even fix you up with a matching center channel.

These have a black gloss finish that looks really nice. And the speakers are well packed and covered with a velour embroidered bag.

The customer will need to add some insulation or polyfill to them, but that's pretty easy.

$900 a pair. These are really tough to beat.

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 3 May 2016, 07:47 pm »
I have a pair of V-1's. These were the original of the open baffle designs with servo subs that started the open baffle and servo control designs. These use a P-Audio co-axial driver and dual servo subs. They had been on perpetual loan to Gary Dodd for a while and Jon Parkhurst built him some really nice cabinets for them, but the parts were never completely transferred to the new cabinets. One cabinet has a little ding on the bottom that took place in shipping. All else looks great though. $2,500 for them complete. The frames for the grills are while because they weer going to get white grill cloth.

Not seen the pictures are some really nice looking dark grey bases.
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2016, 04:22 pm by Danny Richie »

jparkhur

« Reply #8 on: 3 May 2016, 07:54 pm »

Danny Richie

« Reply #9 on: 3 May 2016, 08:33 pm »
Thanks for the additional pics Jon. They are beautiful cabinets.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #10 on: 4 May 2016, 12:15 am »
Some great deals there Danny. Wish I could swing the Super 7's somehow. Incredible speakers. Hope they find a great home.

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #11 on: 4 May 2016, 04:55 pm »
I have an X-VOCE center channel and can tell you that you will never want or need to upgrade it.  With the OB mid, movie voice clarity is superb and it delivers on movie music lows and highs.  These are a steal at Danny's new low price.

restrav

« Reply #12 on: 4 May 2016, 05:03 pm »
again, why wouldnt someone buy 2 of these XVOCE centers and use in stereo? im not suggesting the do, i just want to understand the mechanism why it wouldnt work as well as a pair of stereo designed speakers.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: 4 May 2016, 06:11 pm »
again, why wouldnt someone buy 2 of these XVOCE centers and use in stereo? im not suggesting the do, i just want to understand the mechanism why it wouldnt work as well as a pair of stereo designed speakers.

The X-Statik is the the Left and Right main speaker designed to match up to the X-Voce. Or rather, the X-Voce is the center channel speaker designed to match the X-Statik mains.

I'm pretty sure Danny has sold out of these as completed speakers but they are still available as kits.

Mike

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #14 on: 4 May 2016, 06:11 pm »

That's what the X-Statiks were for.  Kit's for X-Statiks are still available!

jparkhur

« Reply #15 on: 4 May 2016, 06:17 pm »
Mlaundy..  i get it.. but he doesn't want to build anything.. could he use them as a 2 channel vertical set up?

Danny

?

restrav

« Reply #16 on: 4 May 2016, 07:54 pm »
Mlaundy..  i get it.. but he doesn't want to build anything.. could he use them as a 2 channel vertical set up?

Danny

?

exactly.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #17 on: 4 May 2016, 08:12 pm »
Since there are folks on here that build speaker cabinets, is it possible to have new X-Statiks built? 

The new NX-Otica cabinet is close.  Might that be a new starting point? 

Danny Richie

« Reply #18 on: 4 May 2016, 08:46 pm »

You could, but you still need to get the tweeters up to the same level (ear level) so it would take quite a stand for them. And it would make them pretty tall.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #19 on: 4 May 2016, 08:53 pm »
Since there are folks on here that build speaker cabinets, is it possible to have new X-Statiks built? 

The new NX-Otica cabinet is close.  Might that be a new starting point?

Rich,

Certainly. The drivers are plentiful and the plans are available. Even if Danny sells out of the crossovers they can always be built point-to-point wired like most of his other designs. That's actually what I have done with all the X series speakers I've built so far.

Mike