J. River Media Center 16 Beta now available

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
J. River Media Center 16 Beta now available
« on: 25 Feb 2011, 03:02 am »
I've been a J. River fan since MC12 and while it seems each year J.River comes out with another upgraded player, the fact remains that the audio quality continues to improve and the features continue to expand. HERE is a rundown of the added features of the new player but the ones that hit home for me are the enhanced Play Radio which is now called Play Doctor which allows me to use my 15,000 album library as a radio source. While there were many parameters available with Play Radio, the parameters have been widely expanded with Play Doctor, something that I'll have fun looking into. Also added in the DSP (digital sound processing) is a Visual Frequency Analyzer, Parametric Equalizer (to complement their basic Equalizer) and Room Correction. There are now 9 DSP fields total.

For ALL present J. River owners all the way back to Jukebox 8, a $16.98 upgrade option is available here til February 28.

This is my 4th upgrade and I never look foreward to them regardless of the added features (even tho the higher audio quality is always welcome) because it always takes me weeks to go thru the whole player, reset the parameters and customize all the fields to where I like them so they show me what I want to see and disregard what does not. Well it did take a few hours but this is the 1st upgrade that actually remembered all the changes I had made to MC15 and kept them intact. You have no idea now much of a relief that is cuz most of the changes I make come from much trial & error (I'm no computer wiz) and I never really end up with the same player that I had before. Now I can concentrate on learning the new features w/o having to do reconstructive surgery all over again.  :hyper:

Do NOT install IE9 RC with Media Center 16. Being that this is a beta version as is IE9, improvements and software changes are expected from both parties and you can keep up with this current issue here.

There is so much available with J.River Media Center and I'm just barely scratching the surface with my use of it's audio player(J. River ID / Media Center Remote / Media Network for Android, Gizmo, iphone, etc / WASAPI). But for me, my system and my download preferences (which I admit aren't topshelf), J.River provides the best audio sound quality that I have found for my situation. I am a Windows man and will stay with my PC. Apple can go suck a peach afaic and imho.  :jester:

Cheers,
Robin