M3 turbo s FR/ applying dsp on an M3

meracus

M3 turbo s FR/ applying dsp on an M3
« on: 25 Mar 2023, 07:02 am »
HELLO
is there any published ANECHOIC  fr / graph of an m3 turbo s somewhere ?
alternatively does someone have any REW curve in from their system to show .... I know it's room dependent on the bass /upper bass , but we should be more or less equal on shorter wave ?
anybody applied DSP on their m3 and if so ..... what's your impression
cheers

meracus

Re: M3 turbo s FR/ applying dsp on an M3
« Reply #1 on: 27 Mar 2023, 06:46 pm »
I’m very surprised   that none of spatial users on this forum have actually toyed with dsp or at least eq
The  company in its previous form as emerald physics is deeply rooted in dsp and so is the owner whom himself started his journey in dsp !
And this is the largest forum with a spatial sub page !!!!!
What’s even more hilarious is the fact that 10’s of users chime in with relatively petty  solutions like anti vibration footers and choices of Banana plugs  :o :o :o :o ….  If these ever make any audible difference … just try dsp !

Mr. Big

« Reply #2 on: 27 Mar 2023, 09:20 pm »
emerald physics had to use DSP to make them work properly, Clayton designed them also, with Claytpns new designs the Spatial line that was no longer necessary.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #3 on: 27 Mar 2023, 09:26 pm »
IME, relying on DSP instead of acoustic solutions is always suboptimal.

meracus

« Reply #4 on: 28 Mar 2023, 07:19 am »
Thanks for the reply
You will notice that the finest recording studio with computer simulated room design and physical room optimisation hardware still use dsp , no one serious enough in audio production and reproduction will be seen without it , we not talking room Eq here only , by dsp I also mean speaker eq
Think about it … if there’s a dip or an early roll off in a frequency somewhere … how would you recoup that with some  foam and traps and diffusers  ? Silver cable  :D ?

Also … shame Clayton is out of reach at the moment ( wishing him a swift and full recovery by the way ) , you might find that abandoning dsp could be the result of
1: available hardware at the time meant you had to use dsp to meet the goals
2: most people didn’t know how to use dsp yielding lacklustre performance and subsequently bad mouthing the product
3 : the price of the finished product had to be higher since more hardware is used
4 : more to go wrong with electronics sources from 3rd party vendors
5: the  de facto vilification of anything dsp by swathes of self appointed expert who believe that a silver spade enhances high frequencies

Shame ! I will be getting hold of a REw curve in a few days … I’m also tarting up a m3 turbo …. Watch this space
Lovely speakers …  glory to spatial ! Glory to eminence !
 :D :D